Classic Airframes Vampire Trainer

Evening All,

To say I'm glad to move this one of the workbench is a bit of understatement!

It had been sat on the shelf of doom for almost a decade and then I had a spurt of enthusiasm, or is that stupidity to get it finished.

Definitely not one of best efforts, I'll put that down to repeatedly losing interest in it. Either way I'm pleased its finally finished 🙂

For those interested, the WIP is here

IMG_E5210

IMG_E5214

IMG_E5211

IMG_E5215

IMG_E5216

IMG_E5225

IMG_E5227

IMG_E5237

Thanks for looking!

• Like 47

All of the comments above are totally accurate and your efforts deserve the highest praise. I happily add my praise to the list. Exceptionally well done!

• Like 1

Looks great and I like the RN scheme too. 

How did you find the fit of the canopy? Afterdry fitting mine this put me off and I put it back in the box again,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone.

I think the reason I'm not that impressed with this one is that I've spent so long looking at the damn thing!

8 hours ago, tonyot said:

Looks great and I like the RN scheme too. 

How did you find the fit of the canopy? Afterdry fitting mine this put me off and I put it back in the box again,

Cheers

Tony

Cheers Tony, mines got a vacuform with flightpath framing so I dont know how the fit was with the original canopy but i will say that me and vacuform canopies dont get along. I find them hard work and also I've noticed that over time it is started to yellow so i will staying away from them in the future!

• Like 1