A-1E Skyraider, `War Monger`, 1st Air Commando Squadron, Pleiku AB

Another very impressive build Russ. Always a pleasure to see one of your posts. Very interesting looking aircraft. Beautifully finished as always. :worthy:

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beauty. Nice and dirty as God intended Skyraiders to be. A lot of modellers neglect the bottom of the aircraft but from what I can see it looks like you've dirtied it up as well

IAlu78HBoLhcEn3jH3sc9e0Ergw96FBDNJPiMToB

• Thanks 1

My friend and instructor Buzz Polistock -combat veteran Skyraiders Vietnam—would be very happy with this masterpiece.  Russ please can we talk you into doing an instructional video with your techniques and processes? 

• Thanks 1

Truly incredible model and display! I'm curious, is that a centerline fuel tank or does tank serve another function. I've never seen a centerline tank like that in photos of Skyraiders. I'm open to education.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Truly incredible model and display! I'm curious, is that a centerline fuel tank or does tank serve another function. I've never seen a centerline tank like that in photos of Skyraiders. I'm open to education.

Hi SAT, in two books that I have; Larry Davis`s: 56th Fighter Squadron and Wayne Mutza`s: Vietnam Spads Last War there are quite a few photo`s of A-1E`s with the Navy style Centreline Tank and in the latter book some are still painted Blue.

Cheers Russ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, CaracalModels said:

Very nice! I really like the weathering. Thanks for sharing - I think the A-1E was the best looking Spad model ever; and I always enjoy seeing models of it.

Cheers, thanks for making the decals 🙂

Russ

3 hours ago, fubar57 said:

Beauty. Nice and dirty as God intended Skyraiders to be. A lot of modellers neglect the bottom of the aircraft but from what I can see it looks like you've dirtied it up as well

IAlu78HBoLhcEn3jH3sc9e0Ergw96FBDNJPiMToB

Yeah, it`s nice and dirty under there

Cheers Russ

That is absolutely beautiful, I always used to love the look of this in the Matchbox catalogue as a youngster. A fine piece of conversion work to get this beauty from the Matchbox offering.

Eng

• Thanks 1

Another superb model for the collection Russ - hairy stick finish as usual?

The little diorama setting really adds life to the model - do you do figures at all?

Always a pleasure seeing your 'Nam builds mate, top work.

Phil

• Thanks 1