T-Rex fossil skeleton

cambridge

this is an odd one, but i'm willing to give it a try. I've found this on the chinese ebay and considering how cheap it was ( around 10 € ) i wanted to give it a try. It's kinda more a toy than a model but i figured it out it could become a nice frame to work with and with a little bit of love and some milliput something interesting might came out of it. This is how it looks when assembled: 

RCmtsFx.jpg

this is how it looks when it's disassembled

lH3cNAw.jpg

• Like 4

So, this is how it actually looks:  

KZQM6JH.jpg

all the parts are made out of rubber, and when unpainted are of a plain creamy color. The snaps are not that good and you need to sand them in order to fit properly but being made of rubber sanding them is not a really clean job. Ribs are all bent, and i'm probably going to cut them and redo them using milliput and metal wire. 

i'll start with the skull. Removing all seam lines with a dremel. The teeth are out of proportion and since sending them down would not produce a good result i'll just cut them off and use green stuff to replace them. 

pefDnRn.jpg

gmb9ksT.jpg

• Like 12

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/12/2020 at 15:07, europapete said:

Good Morning, any news or progress? This looks an interesting build. I am doing similar, an Allosaur skeleton built from Sculpy clay. Regards, Pete in RI

i've been a bit busy lately, so the project has been on hold. hopefully i'll be able to pick it up again in the near future.