Tamiya 1/48 Panther G, Winter camo.

modelling minion

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Shes looking very good Craig, its definitely an eye catching conversation piece. 

Thanks Dennis.👍

As I said I have made a start on making her nice and mucky by the use of some home mixed mud and a bit of dark grey wash which also helps to bring out some of the detailing on the kit. It is not finished yet but here are some pics of how she looks at the minute;

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As you can see the mud mixed leaves a slight glossy sheen which is okay with me as it is supposed to represent wet mud churned up in January. Next job will be to mix up some more muddy goodness and get that applied before the wheels can go on.

Thanks for looking in and as usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Thanks for looking in and as usual all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

I don't know enough about Panther’s to criticize anyones build. To be truthful I honestly started the build as we had the Mk.IV and Mk.VI builds, and I felt like the poor Panther was being left out.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I don't know enough about Panther’s to criticize anyones build. To be truthful I honestly started the build as we had the Mk.IV and Mk.VI builds, and I felt like the poor Panther was being left out.  

I know what you mean Dennis, with a few of the more prominent pieces of armour getting an STGB of their own it wouldn't be right to leave the Panther out.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hewy said:

Thats a crazy looking winter camo craig, brave choice,  and very  well executed !

14 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well done on your Panther. :thumbsup: ... A lot quicker than me Craig. 

Cheers guys thats very much appreciated.

Well as promised I took some more pictured this morning and then realised I hadn't shown some pictures I had taken earlier of the mud in progress so I shall start by showing them;

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

After that the wheels and tracks were added, all very hassle free and Tamiya like, and then mud and then snow were added to both the running gear, tracks and various parts of the tank and here are some better pics of how that looks on the finished model;

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

All that remains is for me to thank our excellent host Dennis ( @Corsairfoxfouruncle) for organising and running this excellent and very informative GB and all of you for watching, liking and commenting on my build. I shall stick some more pics in the gallery.

So as usual thanks for looking in and all comments and criticisms are gratefully received.

Craig.

Edited by modelling minion
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stef N. said:

That is a really good model. Great looking camo scheme and all round paint job. Top work . 👏

Thanks, that is very kind of you to say so.

2 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Craig. Just catching up.......brilliant project!! Very, very well done! :worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix, no need to bow my friend. Its us that bow down to your modelling.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Well done on finishing your Panther Craig, first time I've seen that winter camouflage applied to a model, looks superb. :thumbsup:

Thanks Bob, yes it is an unusual scheme isn't it, I have seen other winter schemes but only seen that one in one photograph.

1 hour ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Hey, I like that scheme.....just like the pics...very nicely done. Sometime forget to do camo' with a brush as it was in many examples.....or even a broom....looks great..:yes:...another one to put on the list to try

Regards

Simon.

Thanks Simon, very kind of you to say so. A lot of temporary schemes were put on using whatever was available, including brooms as you say, and that includes aircraft too as there are many pics of aircraft receiving D-Day stripes the day before the event by brush and broom as well and with barely a straight line to be seen!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...