Two Messerschmitt Bf 108s ++++Finished++++

Jpthedog

Finished?? Quick snap of both kits ahead of some pics in daylight.

20201127_205834_resized.jpg

20201127_205944_resized.jpg

Can spot a couple of touch ups needed....

Pondering on what to apply by way of sealer coat - Klear or matt or semi matt coats...

JP

• Like 9

• Jpthedog changed the title to Two Messerschmitt Bf 108s
21 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

They look fantastic. I like the blue scheme a lot! It’s nice to see the interior so clearly through the canopies too.

Regards,

Adrian

Adrian many thanks. Yes the blue scheme is smart - may also use for my Eduard 1/48 kit. Canopies and cockpits i struggle with, so good to actually see something - luckily just enough to hint at great detail in the cabin.....

Well done JP.. apologies for getting back to this thread a little late, however I’m very impressed by the way these have both turned out. I’ve got the same Techmod sheet so looks like they performed well enough for you. Lovely stuff. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Well done JP.. apologies for getting back to this thread a little late, however I’m very impressed by the way these have both turned out. I’ve got the same Techmod sheet so looks like they performed well enough for you. Lovely stuff. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Dave

Thank you. Yes the Techmod decals are very nice. Thin but workable and settle down well onto the model.

JP

12 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

They are looking very nicely finished, especially the blue one. Well done!

I quite like the 108, I want to build Elly Beinhorn's personal machine some day.

Jorgen - presume that is D-IGNY? is the same grey as mine?

11 hours ago, Jpthedog said:

Jorgen - presume that is D-IGNY? is the same grey as mine?

As far as my very tiny research goes it would be D-IGNY indeed. I have only seen drawn colour profiles that is in the same grey as your D-IMTT,but a photo shows D-IGNY wearing race number 19 (if my memory serves...) and it looks darker there than I expected if it was this grey, more like your beautiful blue machine. I don't know really and should do much more research before starting.

Jorgen yes I only saw the coloured profile rather than a real picture. Research some more or not - either way it can be fun interpreting  historical information and coming up with your spin. 1930s has so many colourful options!

• Like 1

• Jpthedog changed the title to Two Messerschmitt Bf 108s ++++Finished++++
  • 3 months later...

@Jpthedog

I know it's been a while since you finished this lovely pair of 108s in the GB, but I've got a quick question if I may.

Just started building a couple of Heller 108s myself (I can't stop building Heller kits!) and come across a bit of a problem. When I try and attach the bulkhead behind the rear seat as per the instructions, it sits far too high for the fuselage to fit properly. I checked your WIP and it looks as though you glued the bulkhead in the same place. Seems to be on the raised section behind the seat and Heller do mark the attachment point faintly on the plastic. Did you have any problems with this, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance;

Steve 

Steve - I couldn't remember any issues at all with the kits - so checking the pictures I think the bulkhead sits in the lower section - as long as your does then it should be fine. Hope that helps, JP

On 3/21/2021 at 5:52 PM, Jpthedog said:

Steve - I couldn't remember any issues at all with the kits - so checking the pictures I think the bulkhead sits in the lower section - as long as your does then it should be fine. Hope that helps, JP

Thanks for the reply. I did fit the bulkhead in the lower section after all, but found that it needed glued at an angle otherwise it interfered with the side window opening. It's funny as the instructions clearly show the part fixing to the raised section upright behind the seat which then makes it too high. There's even a faint gluing position marked on the plastic....just in the wrong place. Got there in the end, with no help from Heller's sometimes vague instructions but it's all part of the fun. Who wants shake and bake anyway!

Steve

• Like 1