Another Bloch 152 L091

TonyW

Another entry from me, before any of the others are done as well. A SMER rebox of the Bloch 152 single seater.

20201017-121406.jpg

Hannants had it cheap and I needed to make up a parcel to cut the postage costs. An excuse that's worked well in the past and gets another airing today.

My Amiot and twin engined Breguet 693 are taking longer than I first thought so I need a quick build to keep things rolling along. This should fit the bill as long as I don't start complicating things.

Here's the parts...

20201017-121503.jpg

And it's underway already. Wings are assembled and a bit of hacking about to fit a Falcon canopy has taken place. This isn't complicating things, honest.

20201017-170048.jpg

I've also thinned down the kit seat. The cockpit area is quite big and will need a bit extra to fill it up some. I gather that dark blue is the colour of choice in there, which is handy as that means it won't stand out like a current MIG. A bit of framing, a dash and some seatbelts should be more than enough. Far more than I usually add at any rate.

• Like 10

• TonyW changed the title to Another Bloch 152 L091

These Bloch 152's are like buses you wait ages for one, then 3 come along at the same time !

Delighted to see this one, from memory the cockpit is a bit draughty as there's nothing between it and the empty wheel wells.

Best of luck.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TonyW said:

Hannants had it cheap and I needed to make up a parcel to cut the postage costs. An excuse that's worked well in the past and gets another airing today.

Not an excuse, surely an eminently good reason? 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ah.. the old line about economising postage. When the Aussie Dollar was going gang busters, I used to purchase two of the same kit, no wonder I now have a Noah’s Ark fleet of scale models! Good going Tony, all looks good so far and I’m sure it’ll look great as part of your expanded French collection. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

A bit of a change of direction has taken place with this build.

The SMER kit has been filed away to complete at a later date, if it's lucky. The amount of extra detailing needed because of my use of the Falcon canopy suddenly didn't fit in with the type of build I now want.

Heller issued four small fighters in 1966, including this one. They came with black stands and nifty little fold out flyers showing the rest of the just released Mvsee series. I want to build the four planes, box stock, as part of a larger display of the '66 Heller planes.

I've picked up another cheap Bloch 152 kit in a scruffy box and that one will get finished as one of the four.

20201205-130717.jpg

Work started over the weekend, and is progressing nicely.

20201206-094729.jpg

The nearly complete airframe got a try out on its stand a moment ago and it's looking quite sporty! The offset engine looks rather weird, but that's how Bloch built them. The build will be gear up, to go with the Hawk I've already built. The finish will be as called out on the first instruction sheet.

20201206-210300.jpg

Here's the Hawk and the flyer showing the other planes in the Mvsee series.

G3.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/19/2020 at 12:55 PM, TonyW said:

I needed to make up a parcel to cut the postage costs. An excuse that's worked well in the past and gets another airing today.

You too?

The re-boot build got a hit of yellow HiBuild primer recently. It highlighted a bit of filler being needed at the wing roots.

20201209-151016.jpg

That was followed by a bit of sanding, then some grey spray primer that doubles up as the grey topside colour.

Once that dried, Humbrol French Airforce Authentics came into play for the Khaki and Chocolate, or Maron, bits. Both look dark to me, but I went with them for period authenticity. As soon as it was safe to add transfers, I did. I didn't want to give myself time to fret about my colour choices. I'm glad I did as the transfers have cheered the the thing up a bit. It's not very matching to the box top shown, but it's close enough for French Government work. The cammo pattern itself is different in every issue of the kit I have. I've followed suit and added yet another variation. If Heller and SMER can do that, so can I!

20201212-144333.jpg

Not too much to add here now. Stand, canopy, guns, aerials and tail braces should see it complete.

Tony.

• Like 5

Last night I added the final bits and pieces to complete this one. Two great big cannon, pitot tube, aerials and tail props all now fixed. The canopy was added with Glue 'n Glaze and the same material used to fill the triangular windows behind the cockpit. The stand had to be glued on as there are things sticking out all over the place on this one, the underside folding aerial being fixed extended didn't help here.

20201216-113825.jpg

I'll take more pictures tomorrow and add them to the Gallery.

• Like 2