T-34-85 ZVEZDA 1/100

IGKent

Hi folks!
It’s my latest build. This time armored vehicles – T-34-85. Small ZVEZDA kit in 1/100 scale (13 parts). 
This tank known all. One of the best Soviet tanks of the Great Patriotic War (World War II)
The model makes with some changes

My changes:
- added all handrails on the tank hull and turret
- added headlight and antenna
- drilled holes in cannon and machinegun
- modified all external the fuel tanks and exhaust system

PAINTING – AKAN enamel colors
WASHING – MIG (dark wash) 
WEATHERNG – MIG and TAMIYA pigments
VARNISHIES – mat TAMIYA and FUTURE

I present soviet medium tank T-34-85 (board number 125),of the Guard of lieutenant Boris Sergeyev, who died heroically in unequal fight near Budapest (Hungary) in April 1944. Now this tank stand on Glory Memorial in the city Tiraspol – the capital Transnistria.

Enjoy please!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by IGKent
  • Like 17

• IGKent changed the title to T-34-85 ZVEZDA 1/100

Lovely work on this mini tank.

How was the build, did you clip anything or just glue it all? The couple of 100th scale Zvezda vehicles I've done wouldn't push fit at all and had to be cut and glued instead.

Where did you get the decals? I would love to make this particular tank.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Lovely work on this mini tank.

How was the build, did you clip anything or just glue it all? The couple of 100th scale Zvezda vehicles I've done wouldn't push fit at all and had to be cut and glued instead.

Where did you get the decals? I would love to make this particular tank.

Thank so much! Above I wrote what was done manually. The decal was made by my colleague from Moscow.

7 hours ago, nheather said:

Amazing work - you could make a 15mm wargaming table look incredible.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thank you very much, Nigel! I don't know....)) 

Nice work Igor, I've built one of the Zvezda 1/72 T34s and was impressed with the way it went together (I did have to glue it despite the claim on the box that it would clip together!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Nice work Igor, I've built one of the Zvezda 1/72 T34s and was impressed with the way it went together (I did have to glue it despite the claim on the box that it would clip together!)

Thanks. Yes, I know. It seems to be intended for children and is assembled without glue. But in fact, it must be glued.....))

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IGKent said:

Thanks. Yes, I know. It seems to be intended for children and is assembled without glue. But in fact, it must be glued.....))

That was my point earlier - very popular with wargamers.  Wargaming scale is expressed as the height in mm of a six foot soldier - so 15mm wargaming is roughly 1:100.

This sort of stuff

https://www.theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/world-war-ii-2/15mm-soviet/

Cheers,

Nigel

2 hours ago, nheather said:

That was my point earlier - very popular with wargamers.  Wargaming scale is expressed as the height in mm of a six foot soldier - so 15mm wargaming is roughly 1:100.

This sort of stuff

https://www.theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/world-war-ii-2/15mm-soviet/

Cheers,

Nigel

OK, understood Nigel. But very expensive this one for this scale https://www.theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/product/15mm-ww2-russian-t34-tank/

My model was a gift in a 35th scale tank box.

1 hour ago, IGKent said:

OK, understood Nigel. But very expensive this one for this scale https://www.theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/product/15mm-ww2-russian-t34-tank/

My model was a gift in a 35th scale tank box.

That is actually cheap for wargaming models.  Go up to 20/25mm and you are talking £10.  Go to 28mm and you are up to £20.

When I look at 28mm which is 1:56, it always peeves me thatI can get a detailed 1:48 kit for less.

Cheers,

Nigel

9 minutes ago, nheather said:

When I look at 28mm which is 1:56, it always peeves me thatI can get a detailed 1:48 kit for less.

I agree this is a bug bear of mine. There are some lovely 28mm figurines available yet vehicles are often expensive and flawed. Then you have compatibility with railway modelling scales, "O Gauge" is 1/43 (in the UK, in the US it is 1/48, "S Gauge" is 1/64) it's enough to drive a man to drink! Hic!

1 hour ago, nheather said:

That is actually cheap for wargaming models.  Go up to 20/25mm and you are talking £10.  Go to 28mm and you are up to £20.

Cheers,

Nigel

OK. How can I see the details of these models? The model ZVEZDA company have 13 parts.

1 hour ago, IGKent said:

OK. How can I see the details of these models? The model ZVEZDA company have 13 parts.

I was talking about 28mm scale - comparing the price of detailed 1:48 kits with simple 1:56 wargaming models.

At 15mm those Zvezda models are pretty good.  I’d say the PSC ones are slightly better but I prefer both of them over the resin and white metal alternatives.

Cheers,

Nigel

16 hours ago, nheather said:

I was talking about 28mm scale - comparing the price of detailed 1:48 kits with simple 1:56 wargaming models.

At 15mm those Zvezda models are pretty good.  I’d say the PSC ones are slightly better but I prefer both of them over the resin and white metal alternatives.

Cheers,

Nigel

Understood Nigel.... Everyone has their own preferences)) 

11 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That is very impressive especially for such a small kit!! Superb finishing! Very well done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Thanks colleague for kind words.....

Edited by IGKent
  • Like 1