Sea Vixen D3 ‘Drone’ XN652  Airfix 1/48

I really like her Pete! 👍  I am sort of a sucker for yellow planes though (my very first model was the ancient Aurora yellow Zero.   My grandmother sat on it).   Your model is an interesting subject too and that also appeals to me.  Always good to see something "different" modeled.  Great work on a cool plane!  :clap2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

That looks lovely: remember seeing a few of these at the time, including "TR1".

The first prototype drone. You probably already know the TR stood for ‘Tarrant Rushton’ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vince1159 said:

Gorgeous but you're not doing it any justice,any chance of a few outside photo's...

I’ll give a go maybe tomorrow. Just relieved right now to have dragged it over the finishing line.

• Thanks 1

Oh wow what a lovely model, it certainly is different and very bright.  I too love yellow aircraft and will soon start an Anson in that colour, although I brushpaint so will take a few coats.  I do love the weathering you have applied to with all the chipping etc .

Great work. 

Chris

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sabrejet said:

Out of interest I looked to see if I could find any photos of it but couldn't locate anything :(

Richard Franks Sea Vixen book has a nice colour side profile plus this colour shot of TR1

A24FF33F-DCD0-415D-AEA8-38EF2BF85B79

• Like 2

Just now, MattSimps74 said:

It’s the chipping for me, I love it. How did you achieve that look Pete, silver paint? Whatever you did you’ve nailed it!

Hello mate It’s just a bit of dry brushing with good old Humbrol 11 Silver.