Amodel 1/72 Ilyushin Il-20 Coot

Uh, wow! That's all I can say.  What an ambitious builder you are!   I've never seen one of these put together, and you've done a first-rate job.  This is complete except for one minor detail--the crewmen smuggling out barrels of deicing fluid for "enjoyment" later.

• Haha 2

Hi Pete,

a really lovely "Coot". These Amonster kits are mighty impressive and one rarely sees them built. Your paintjob is absolutely appropriate, faded and dirty like the real thing :goodjob:

I must be quite sick as I have three of them im my stash (Il-20M, Il-22M and Il-20RT). If they look half as good as yours in the end I'll be happy.

Cheers

Markus

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone, your comments are greatly appreciated.

On 18/10/2020 at 22:02, Shorty84 said:

I have three of them im my stash (Il-20M, Il-22M and Il-20RT). If they look half as good as yours in the end I'll be happy

Now that would be a sight to behold, all three made and lined up together. Crack on Markus😁

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Nice looking build Pete, dead ugly subject though. ;) Ugly enough to be weirdly attractive. I'm liking. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve. I seem to be unnaturally drawn to the aesthetically challenged of the aviation world.😄

On 20/10/2020 at 20:40, Vultures1 said:

That's an excellent build of a seldom-seen type - very impressive!

I'm looking forward to the next product from your famous shed ...

Thanks very much😀, I build in batches but I think it will be an IL-14 in Albanian colours with homemade decals.

• Like 1