Argentinian Air Force A-4B Colours

goon

Hi All,

I'm building A-4B C-237 as it would have appeared during the Falklands War. Does anyone have any recommendations for colours? I've seen a build with FS30118 for the green and FS30117 for the brown. Looking at 30118 it appears to range from an olive like green to a brown shade, depending on manufacturer. (I'm afraid I'm hopeless at matching colours by eye, hence my request :) )

Cheers,

Gareth 

Hi Terry,

I found some references to colours on the instructions to the decals. (Like an idiot, I hadn't read them properly!) There's a nore referencing the aircraft being painted 'with local paints, not following FS codes' that weathered to darker or lighter shades. They point at FS34088 for the Olive Drab and FS30118 for the Dark Earth. FS35550 is recommended for the 'wells and main gear'. Whether that means just the main wells or nose as well I don't know. I think they are probably good starting points to compare to references. 

Cheers,

Gareth

C-237 was an A-4P, ex. USN A-4B Bu No. No. 142788 which was assigned to G5C in March 1982 and deployed to Rio Gallegos. It was flown by Primer Teniente Bolzan in a mission on 1st May 1982. It was lost in an accident on 19th November 1984, crashed 18 miles from Vicuña Mackenna, Córdoba.

There were several different types of camouflages applied to the FAA Skyhawks. C-237 was finished in Olive FS34159 and Dark Earth FS30118 upper surface and Light Grey FS36307 lower surface.

0000276.jpg

Jun in Tokyo

https://www.flickr.com/photos/horaburo/8225522073/in/album-72157632122434894/

Edited by Junchan

• 5 months later...
On 18/10/2020 at 05:48, goon said:

Hi All,

I'm building A-4B C-237 as it would have appeared during the Falklands War. Does anyone have any recommendations for colours? I've seen a build with FS30118 for the green and FS30117 for the brown. Looking at 30118 it appears to range from an olive like green to a brown shade, depending on manufacturer. (I'm afraid I'm hopeless at matching colours by eye, hence my request :) )

Cheers,

Gareth 

the colours used have some variantions, but check this forum, to my criteria is the best info:

A-4P Skyhawk Camoflage references

regards