1/60th Scale Sinagot Sail Boat

Ernie

I would like to join with this if I might, according to Scalemates the kit was first released in 1979,

50465023407_610aa212a5_b.jpg

50464166113_87e1ea0a35_b.jpg

This will be a first for me as I have never built a sailing vessel of any kind before, so I'm not too sure how this will end...🙄

• Like 11

2 hours ago, TonyOD said:

What an interesting and unusual subject!

There's a phrase that crops up again and again in this Group Build.

The artwork on the box would make me want one.

Enjoy the build. I'll enjoy watching.

Tony.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The basic hull is together and I have started the paint work with he wood tones on the hull and deck parts to start. These are all done with inexpensive acrylic craft paints following am example I saw on Youtube.  I am pleased with how they turned out

50527708363_b19a967d40_b.jpg

50528590867_75468a225e_b.jpg

50528591072_30996bfd1e_b.jpg

They have been given a coat of gloss to protect them for the time being and to prepare for follow on painting and weathering.

Edited by Ernie
  • Like 6

Before painting the lower hull, I applied a layer of hairspray along the stern post, keel and bow, as well as the rudder. The waterline was masked off and the lower hull was painted with a mixture of Tamiya XF-10 brown and X-7 red. When that had dried I sprayed on a light coat of water and added some sea salt for a go at using the salt as a mask for further weathering; of course I could just leave it and call it an infestation of barnacles :P We'll have to see how it turns out!

50530426892_5fc3846dc5_b.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...