Heller F-86 Sabre.

stevej60

Hi folk's,just having a coffee this morning and catching up things on the laptop I had a quick look on e-bay

for anything about to end soon and saw a MasterCraft re box of one of my favourite Heller kit's sitting at

six quid including postage with helf an hour to go and took a punt.Now the decal's on these kit's are prone

to self destruct and even have been known to be missing altogether but I have a nice set of original Heller

German/USAF set from last year's Nordic GB's entry.

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/CL-13-F86F-Sabre.html

And here's the build.

20200218_110732

• Like 10

Who can’t look past a bargain! Let us know how the Mistercraft plastic compares to the original Heller kit please Steve. I’d been interested to know first hand. Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Who can’t look past a bargain! Let us know how the Mistercraft plastic compares to the original Heller kit please Steve. I’d been interested to know first hand. Cheers.. Dave 

Funny enough the mastercraft hurricane arrived today Dave,it has that very matt grainy finish of an original Heller boxing I

suspect Heller are simply supplying bagged sprue's to the company.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Sorry Steve

Missed this one, have to love a Sabre. 

My experience with Mastercraft decals has been mixed, many being out of register.

Fingers crossed your are ok.

Cheers Pat 

Thank's Pat I bought their Me109G for the Nordic GB and the Finnish option wasn't even in the Box! the Humbrol boxing of the one

above had the Original Heller decals in so I have a back up.

Evening folk's,kit arrived and can't fault them for not giving you plenty of choice even though a good few relate to different marks

of the Sabre  how they will behave lord knows.

20201026_185450

the kit is like an old friend looks like Heller have supplied the bagged kits as it's in a soft plastic very similar to new Airfix.

20201026_185630

Might have to invest in a few Hobbyboss  Sabre easy kits one day to do a few options.

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Sounds silly but I don't see a canopy ? Did they forget it, or is it just not in the photo’s. Its to bad the decals are questionable, the Norwegian, Spanish, and Greek options look good. 

Yea Canopy is all present Dennis.I'm leaning towards the Spanish scheme so far.

• Like 3

Hi folk's made a start tonight my airbrush power connector has packed in so just cleaning up and gluing until a replacement can

be bought at the weekend,I think at least another couple of these kits are on the wish list I love the very workable plastic.

I've seen a photo of Spanish Sabres carrying yellow painted large fuel tank's so that's decided the scheme.

20201028_193856

• Like 7

Looks good!  I have just scored one of these off t'internet as it looked so nice.  However, it arrived without an intake duct!  Have requisitioned a plastic straw and will try to make my own.

Rgds

Martin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike romeo said:

Looks good!  I have just scored one of these off t'internet as it looked so nice.  However, it arrived without an intake duct!  Have requisitioned a plastic straw and will try to make my own.

Rgds

Martin

Yes an easy fix Martin having built a few I prefer these later boxing in a softer plastic good luck with your build I'll be popping in.

Cockpit painted tape harness and decals added for a busy look,once dry the fuselage joined without issues.

20201031_183002

20201031_184421

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

That’s a pleasant blast from the past! Built one when it first came out but don’t remember any problems with construction.

Hobbyboss one was more recent and was a quick easy build too.

Trevor

• Like 1

Well despite four days without food and a general lack of mojo for anything thank's to this brush with covid I did try a half hour last night

at the bench and wished I'd not bothered,the decals are crap fell to pieces on hitting even lukewarm water this company really aren't doing

modeller's any favour's with this side of thing's so look's like I'll fall back on a set of original Heller decal's for a West German machine.