Couple of Revell Luft 46 builds

I started building 1/72 German WW2 jet & rocket models years ago and when I started building kits a few years back I got a Revell Messerschmitt P1099B kit.  I saw some Luft 46 sketches of the P1099 built with just the upper rear facing guns and since the kit came with a rounded nose option I built it that way.  I went on to start a Horton Go 229 kit as that aircraft always fascinated me.  About half way through I started building 1/48 Cold War jets and the Go 229 got shifted to the shelf of doom.  About 5 or more years ago I guess.  Then recently @The Spadgent started his multi build project and I thought the Go 229 needed to be finished.  So here they both are.  Not the greatest builds, thing I would do differently now, but I like them, hope you do too.

L09bP0J.jpg

LpvsCZY.jpg

CPRKCwX.jpg

sR8HIRb.jpg

Q6NfgX7.jpg

26eWMSD.jpg

Zam2Dol.jpg

ZyQMbDS.jpg

iUyZwRp.jpg

• Like 24

Wowa!! Wait a minute what the hell is that? 😛 A Messerschmitt P1099B!! 
holy hell that’s me with my hand in my pocket again. 🤩🤩🤩

Both builds are brilliant and I’m glad I might of had a small hand in bringing the Horton back from the grave. You can be very proud of both.

Did you do a WIP for the p1099b ?

Johnny

• Like 1

‘Fraid not on the P1099 - probably more than 10 years ago that one was built, before I thought about taking pictures & posting them on the web.  Always had a soft spot for the designs coming from Oberammergau at the end of the war.  It looked a brute but given the Ar 234 needed boosters I suspect the P1099 would have been badly under powered.  But by comparison the Me262 twin seat night fighters looked very tame.

I was very lucky to find all of the Horton bits TBH!  Need to dig the rest out one day - a battered Me163, He162 mistel set and a Natter and Fi103.  It all started with a Matchbox 262 kit as a kid.

• Like 1

I've got one of each of those kits. A few years back, I was thinking of building the 1099 but without the nose turret and adding a radar nose cone. But I couldn't find anything that would fit. Since then, I've been thinking of sawing the nose off my Matchbox Beaufighter and using that, or perhaps the cone in my Airfix Beau TF.10.

Chris

• Like 1

That could work @dogsbody - seems most likely to be a night fighter although the daytime USAF bomber streams would be a target too.  I did fancy doing the P1101.  That was the first one my dad used to tell me about.  How the Germans had built a jet with changeable wing sweep before the end of the war.  And how that became the Bell X5.  Also wanted the Ar555.

• Like 1

Finally got the rest of them together in the loft.  I used to have a couple of Me262s and an Ar234, but this is most of what I have now.

hCeWxR0.jpg

The He162 on top of the mistel is still one of my favourites

• Like 5

20 hours ago, bar side said:

Finally got the rest of them together in the loft.  I used to have a couple of Me262s and an Ar234, but this is most of what I have now.

hCeWxR0.jpg

The He162 on top of the mistel is still one of my favourites

They all look great. I love that offset one. 😍

Johnny

48 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Johnny

That’s a Blohm & Voss BV 141.  Always intrigued by them.  Used a lot for observation over Russia

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Johnny

Ooh Johnny! If you fall down this particular (Luft 46 that is) rabbit hole, then there ain't no hope of rescue!

SD

• Like 1

Then there are the post war actuals as well as the might have been designs.  Kurt Tank’s South American designs, US post Operation Paperclip designs like the Bell X5, and evening Russian designs like this

OKB-1_EF_140_V1.jpg

That is one of my favourites, the OKB-1 140.  Or the French operated He 274s.   It’s not just one rabbit hole, it’s a whole warren.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1