Universal Carrier 15th Scottish Division

Dear Colleagues

The Universal Carrier was a truly British vehicle.  No other nation in WWII had anything quite like it.  Capable of bringing up ammunition under fire, evacuating the wounded and leading assaults, it was the maid of all work for a Commonwealth Infantry Battalion.  Riich make a lovely example although don't expect to complete it in a weekend!

Having read the book 'Lion Rampant' about life in the 6th KOSB I had to choose this one from the Riich decal sheet.  Yetholm is of course on the Scottish borders.

6YifzHS.jpg

TnYwEtK.jpg

aEVoa86.jpg

jaUE5qp.jpg

Hope you like it?

Andrew

• Like 56

Lovely build there 👌excellent light in those photos to. 

I have this in my stash. Got it for the rediculous amount of detail. What was it like to build? All those fiddly bits worth it? 

A

Excellent model - one of the best carriers I've seen. The figures and groundwork are top notch too.

I've always wanted to do one of these but have been put off by the tiny track links.

• 3 weeks later...

Have always loved this vehicle, has so many possibilities for conversion and paint jobs.Having built many over the years having started on the airfix 1/72 kit in the plastic bag as it came in the mid 1960s ,i must congratulate you on a beautiful piece of work well done 👏 

• 10 months later...