cheap WWII German Grey vehicle

loooking for some inspiration before starting a few nice kits. looking to get a cheap & cheerful german grey vehicle (large enough to try weathering so not a anti-tank gun (88mm is on santa's list)... any thoughts of what to pick up 

For me the formula would be small and fewest road wheels.  So that means Panzer marks I and II, along with the Czech made 38(t).   Panzer I has spoked wheels, so that may be a deal breaker.   An Opel truck might be an idea too.

Don't know your preferred shop, so pointless to suggest a specific kit.   Obviously 1/72 on average will be cheaper than 1/35 and larger.

regards,

Jack

Tamiya 1/35 Horch 4x4 1a  - can get the kit for about £10 and is reasonable size for trying weathering (although not a 'tank' it is a grey German vehicle)

Edited by Watto64
  • Like 1

thanks all, pz ii has been suggested... doesnt have to be a tank (could do a t-60 in captured markings or tankette type vehicle)

• 2 weeks later...

went with CMK Skda 35(t) (actually the munitions carrier but it comes with the original turret as well plus resin gerry cans so will build it with a turret). May get eduard PE but will probably add some extras myself (some fuel can racks seem to be the main addition)

• Like 1