Spraying missiles

Ant79

37 minutes ago, Mark Harmsworth said:

Well, I normally use paint in my airbrush but I'll try anything once 😁

Could you be a bit more specific perhaps?

Mark

Who would have thought that lol... I mean how do i hold them in place

Maybe a little primative,I will hold on to it by a fin or the nose with a clip,spray the whole thing,and then go back and do the nose or the fin that was covered by the clip,simple but works for me

Edited by Tojo72
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ant79 said:

I am just wondering how people spray the missiles thanks

I drill out the tail ends and shove a cocktail stick in the hole and use that as a handle whilst spraying them.

I have some blocks of a a firm foam type stuff which I use as the cocktail stick support - I can shove about 6 to 8 sticks vertically into the block whilst the paint dries

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

I drill out the tail ends and shove a cocktail stick in the hole and use that as a handle whilst spraying them.

I have some blocks of a a firm foam type stuff which I use as the cocktail stick support - I can shove about 6 to 8 sticks vertically into the block whilst the paint dries

Thats good, I do that with my figures,drill a hole in the bottom of their foot

Yeah normally a hole in the rear, but if detail will be lost then I will drill a hole in the area of the body that mounts against the pylons etc. 
Obviously this won’t be as deep as one up it’s back end so you can’t rely on friction to hold it on. So normally tack them to the toothpicks with a tiny tiny dot of CA and just extra care when handling them. 

This pic shows both styles of mounting missiles depending on detail in respective areas. 

DC42-A220-3-A4-E-4-F19-8537-F7-F1-C9-AC3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1