Classic British 1/4 Ton Pickup 1:24

I made a start on this a while back but it stalled due to other projects and has since had various subassemblies completed. A primer coat was applied a couple of days ago instead of watching filler set on the Transit conversion. Hopefully a white topcoat will be applied over this weekend ready for the sheep based brewery decals.

spacer.png

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

The decals are on this pint sized pickup and clear coated with Alclad Kleer Kote, I think it needs flatting and polishing once it's hardened off. The wheels and other shiny bits have been Molotowed, the rims will be black gloss and I'm thinking of white walling the tyres.

spacer.png  spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

Seeing that makes me want a Black Sheep - such a shame it doesn't travel as I've yet to have a decent pint of it down here :(

As for the pick-up, it's looking really good. The wheels in particular look spot on.

Wow that's look real good so far...especially because I thought white would not be the best colour choice, but with the decals, I love the script on the panel side, but you teached me to make up my mind 

Marco F 

Spiny - What! You mean there's some left to be sent out of Yorkshire? Obviously we're not drinking it fast enough.

Marco - Just wait until you see what I have in mind for the van. Better than the drab ex-factory offerings.

Pete - an empty cask, you're havin' a laugh.

Thanks to the others who have commented and are following along, or is there a sheep dog chasing you? 🤣

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've managed to drop back onto this build and finish the cabin and decided to add a bit of bling with a Motolita steering wheel. Perhaps a photo showing the spare wheel and battery under the deck would have been wise before installing the seats.

spacer.png  spacer.png

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

As there was a corner of a decal sheet going spare on a project for a client I completed recently I manged to squeeze on some white wall tyre decals for this build. I decided to add the yellow ring to pick up the colour in the beer logos. Hubcaps sprayed with good old Molotow.

spacer.png

• Like 6

• 3 months later...

I had a little mishap with a router bit on a Deremel, anyway the hole in the bonnet has been filled and diguised with a rather large decal. The rear subframe has come in for a nip and tuck to allow the wheels to be centralised in the arches. It looks like the inside of the screen needs a clean too before the other glazing gets fitted.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9