1/72 F-15E D-Day 75th Anniversary Paint scheme

Hi everyone

This is my 1/72 F-15E made from the newly released Academy kit 12568. The kit was incredibly good quality with amazing fit and covered in recessed rivets. The only thing that disappointed me was the exhausts which where simplified and lacking a lot of detail compared to the rest of the kit. I improved them by removing the thick bits of plastic and replacing them with thin bits of wire. The model required a small bit of sanding around the area where the cockpit section connects to the rest of the fuselage but that was it. The Invasion were not included as decals and there was no information on how big they should be, so I photocopied the paint scheme and resized it to scale. This worked well and I think they came out well. The decals were very thin and went on well. They conformed to the recesses with only the need of micro set. I weathered it using oil paints for the panel lines to try make the surface more varied. I decided to try something new and bought some glow in the dark powder. I mixed this in with varnish and applied it to the formation lights. This worked out very well and  I think it makes the model look very cool during the night and seems quite realistic.

Thanks for looking

y4mMQ0n6IzPZfRg9iJzZdToVu7MhrkwveLKATI8k

y4mrN9PM-JT8QEOOVRlQJpWkwsE5WgRHBRTlnUgM

y4msLWuZyns5CTFn2BvxS6efcMxGCEbJ6UrRBd3V

y4mXllh8FQUTgtJSQn75aF_nVtdmfeZL-_OkXjMA

y4mQEwaVPaC8LWj1baqqvSKws2PjfH5KNiCqQuY3

y4miiAw6StTEBV8nZHlL0D9VL28Xs2r1H4MR3m3A

Edited by AndrewMi
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

• AndrewMi changed the title to 1/72 F-15E D-Day 75th Anniversary Paint scheme

So you make me start the day very happy ! A superb model and nice weathering ! It looks awesome! Never build a F-15 but I changed may mind. I will hope there are decals in 1/48 available....

Best regards
Andy

• Thanks 1