1906 Holz Amazon Steamboat (Ayapua, as portrayed in "Fitzcarraldo")

Hi there

I am looking for plans/drawings of the steamboat made famous in Werner Herzog's movie "Fitzcarraldo" (Klaus Kinski in main role).

As the post title states, it was made by the Holz company in Hamburg, Germany, in 1906 and sent to South America tied to a bigger ship.

I couldn't find the precise model or type of this boat.

Just to be clear: I do not need photos, of which there are plenty, nor stories, that already abound on the Net, just drawings, even if general.

Any help in that regard would be appreciated.

Here is a link to a photo on the Net:

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/55f702a4e4b0794fbe24736b/1456247747025-UJDHD9X0J35FEMUYL1GX/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kPqUKL7RJfCwnXlFTJzZKQB7gQa3H78H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLfrh8O1z4YTzHvnKhyp6Da-NYroOW3ZGjoBKy3azqku80C789l0q7uY_gEAXjzYg1fYWS2heT66p1F_CPnayiRfZYBiRq3jIR_ZM-iKrnlP68Tv0SnDA/Ayapua+-+Museum+of+Historic+Boats%2C+Iquitos?format=1500w

Crikey Claudio, are you lost, didn't expect to see you down here.

Sorry, can't help you with your request but hopefully somebody will but then again, you're not exactly an amateur in hunting out the reference material. Looking at your pic, a Moa build of that should be quite straight forward after the subjects you build.

Stuart

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Courageous said:

Crikey Claudio, are you lost, didn't expect to see you down here.

Sorry, can't help you with your request but hopefully somebody will but then again, you're not exactly an amateur in hunting out the reference material. Looking at your pic, a Moa build of that should be quite straight forward after the subjects you build.

Stuart

Hi Stuart

I indeed strayed far.

Not only that... this was a boat that traveled ON LAND, OVER A MOUNTAIN!

I would have been perfect if it would have flown.

• Like 1