Possible way to get a 1/32 Me 110G?

Ossington 2

Just thinking in pixels here, nothing removed from the sprues just yet, but I've been wondering. The best 1/32 110 out there is the Italeri kit, but it is an early version. I have been waiting for them to release a G, but it hasn't happened and I don't think it ever will. I have this kit in the stash but also two Revell/Hasegawa 109's. (I was going to build a 109Z a few years back, but the references didn't match up and that enthusiasm died quickly).

Now, can I combine two late 109 fronts to the 110 to make a G? Is it more involved than that? I know Messerschmitt took that route to make the 210/410, but is this the way? I know canopies,exhausts and armament differ but it strikes me as feasible at first glance. Got to be better than wrestling the decades old Revell 110 into something accurate surely? Anyone out there done it already?

I have looked seriously at doing this subject for some time. I bought the Revell kit lots of years ago but it still sits in the stash. I bought a Dragon Bf110C-7 when it came out and thought that it's a way better kit as an early 110 than the Revell one and then started thinking about converting that one. Then along came a sale at Dragon USA and I picked up the E-2trop version for a good price. It has tropical oil coolers same size as a110G and drop tanks. I have since purchased two Bf109G-6 spinners and props from Barracuda, wheels from Airwaves and a vacform canopy from Tasman. Shrouded exhausts will be robbed from the Revell kit. There is still a lot of work but you will end up with a much better model than a Revell 110G. As Mark posted AIMS do/did a comprehensive resin kit to add to your Dragon 110 however they are very expensive and as of this moment, out of stock. There are many modellers who have wondered why Dragon haven't released a 110G as we all know it would be very popular, but until they do there is no easy way to a Bf110G.

TRF

• Like 1