F-104g 1/48 Kinetic

First, well done on an excellent rendition of a Danish classic. Second, do you have a Draken and F100 in your sights? Third and last I think the Danes were very clever in that they created a beautiful paint job that was self camouflaging!

Keith

Just now, Britman said:

First, well done on an excellent rendition of a Danish classic. Second, do you have a Draken and F100 in your sights? Third and last I think the Danes were very clever in that they created a beautiful paint job that was self camouflaging!

Keith

They are allready done and waiting for publication  :)

• Like 1

You have really captured the very particular weathering seen on RDAF F-104s (and some of their other types including the Hunter, F-100 and Saab Draken). Thanks too for the explanation of the weathering. I am planning a RDAF two-seat TF-104G Starfighter so this advice and guidance will prove to be extremely useful.

Again, a GREAT build and an EVEN better finish !

Well Done, Sir   

On 10/16/2020 at 8:21 AM, Bandsaw Steve said:

Nahhhh....

Don’t believe any of that. I reckon he just photoshopped a real one! 🤪

I thought exactly the same haha , totally insane build and too realistic 🤫

Magnificent build and well done👍 👍👍

cheers, Jan

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Does anyone know exactly why Danish jets of this era were so susceptible to this level of weathering. I doubt very much that it was due to poor maintenance. 

I ve read that Danish Air Force used until late 70’s poor quality paint, matt green witch fades after few months. After 1979 they started using gloss green with better characteristics. Anyway some places on danish planes look more like abstract painting than needful  maintenance  😀

• Thanks 1