Bronco PzKpfw. 35(t)

This project ended up taking about five and a half years, mostly because I wasn’t happy with the Panzer Grey.  It sat for a few years and I got to it a few times here and there until I was ok with the finish.  The Bronco kit is very nicely done.  I added a CMK engine, Friul tracks and brass gun barrels.

Happy to have this one off the workbench and on the display shelf at last.

35(t)

Edited by f matthews
  • Like 12

I, for one, am glad you stuck with it. That's a lovely model, very nicely painted and weathered. There is something very appealing about those early tanks.

The grey looks just right to me in the first photo. It looks like the white balance is a little on the cool side on the others, giving them a slight blue cast.

Did you mix your own grey or have you found one you like?

Wayne

14 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

I, for one, am glad you stuck with it. That's a lovely model, very nicely painted and weathered. There is something very appealing about those early tanks.

The grey looks just right to me in the first photo. It looks like the white balance is a little on the cool side on the others, giving them a slight blue cast.

Did you mix your own grey or have you found one you like?

Wayne

The later “bluer” photos were taken outside in afternoon shadow while the first one, which reflects the actual colour better, was in the am sunlight when it was behind a cloud, but still lit. The telltale for me is the backdrop which is correct in the first photo, but blueish in the others.  Unfortunately the morning sun made the initial shoot largely useless and all sorts of reflections and shadows ruined many images.

The basecoat was Lifecolor Panzer Grey from their German Armour Set, but it has “evolved” with many washes and filters in the past few years!

Edited by f matthews