SOKO SY-1 ORAO 1/48 RED STORM / RareResin

SOKO SY-1 ORAO   1/48  RED STORM / RareResin , OOP kit for a while , finished abandoned project ,  SY-1  ORAO supersonic prototype, 25101 .
Laser printed decals and at some areas decals used for panel lines .

NTKnefz.jpg

yXRM43g.jpg

wWfBYEl.jpg

zjhBgsa.jpg

sHshbx1.jpg

gTWKGR9.jpg

C4J9pom.jpg

q7tjXND.jpg

Made together with two colorfull AEROPOXY 1/72 ORAO's. Will be presented in separate topic.

6I7wT5l.jpg

• Like 23

THX,

@Exdraken

25101 is prototype for 2nd series ORAO's , with hybrid wing ( with strake ) , and more significantly, with afterburned RR Vipers (633-41 type) ..
This Orao SY-1 is first (and only)  Yugoslav produced plane which broke through the sound barrier , on November 22nd 1984., reaching M 1,04 , flown by Lt Coll. Marjan Jelen from VOC ( Test Centre) , over Batajnica-Belgrade.

This plane is now displayed at UTVA Pančevo factory , as gate guardian.

vBa8x7b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Nenad,

great Orao. The paintjob looks really great and is a nice break from the dull camo jobs normally seen. Great idea using decals for the panel lines, looks very convincing.

How was the kit to build? I've only seen the Rare Resin kit once and it looked quite rough. Considering that your outcome is even more impressive :yes:

Cheers

Markus

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2020 at 11:11 PM, Shorty84 said:

How was the kit to build? I've only seen the Rare Resin kit once and it looked quite rough. Considering that your outcome is even more impressive :yes:

Thanx Markus, 
Kit is crude, made from brittle resin and have some accuracy issues , but is buildable, with basic resin kit building skills, and is real represent of  low  range of resin kits from  some 10+ years ago.

Anyway, i enjoyed this build, and use it  to try some new techniques, like mentioned laser pronted decals .

Cheers

Nenad

Edited by Supercuber