2021 GB Bunfight Poll

2021 GB Bunfight poll  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for your favoured groupbuilds here. A maximum of nine votes per person please.

• Small Wars Take 2
    • Anything But Injection
    • The Mighty All-American Aircraft Mfg Co GB
    • Yanks Abroad
    • 90s NATO v Warsaw Pact
    • British AFVs through time - A Two Era build
    • Stranger In Town
    • Cars, trucks, bikes and AFVs
    • French Fancy 2
    • Arctic and Antarctic GB
    • High Wing GB
    • Less Than A Tenner 2
    • Double Deckers
    • None in this section
  2. 2. Please vote for your favoured groupbuilds here. A maximum of nine votes per person please.

• Shimmer, Shine, Digital and Splinter
    • Bristol Aeroplane Company
    • Africa GB
    • A Kit You Didn't Build As A Kid
    • Racers: classic, current, and Show-offs of all kinds !
    • ANZAC GB
    • V Force GB
    • Unarmed GB
    • Blitzkrieg GB
    • Intermarium GB
    • Nordic II GB – Ragnar’s European Tour 2021
    • BeNeLux GB
    • Gliders and Tugs
    • None in this section

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2020 at 11:59 PM

well things are still moving along with the votes and I'm starting to see the start of some trends.

I can safely say short of a catastrophe, or Supreme Court challenge that the "Cheap-bottom" GB will be in next years list....and probably some none starters as well.

You know for some additional fun and chaos we should have preferential voting!!! Where if you fav GB doesn't go through then you can choose where you'd like your votes to go next......or even where the bottom GB get to decide where it's votes go, then the next and so on until you have the top 9 votes. Can you imagine the bloodshed!!!  :yahoo: can you imagine our Dear Leader Enzo pulling out all his hair just trying to sort it all out!!!   :rofl2:

We so have to do it next year! :thumbsup:

Now I'm off to roundup some Wombats! Here wommie wommie....

2021%20Voting%2004-XL.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I only wonder, how many individual votes would the four merged American manufacturer GB:s gained so far had they remained independent :hmmm:. 22 for the TMAA GB is ridiculously low regarding there were four times (the same?) thirty interested participants  signed in for the Republic, North American, (McDonnell-) Douglas and Boeing GB:s.

A good case where merging things loses their original intention and focus. Let´s learn something of this, eh? V-P

• Like 4

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

well things are still moving along with the votes and I'm starting to see the start of some trends.

I can safely say short of a catastrophe, or Supreme Court challenge that the "Cheap-bottom" GB will be in next years list....and probably some none starters as well.

You know for some additional fun and chaos we should have preferential voting!!! Where if you fav GB doesn't go through then you can choose where you'd like your votes to go next......or even where the bottom GB get to decide where it's votes go, then the next and so on until you have the top 9 votes. Can you imagine the bloodshed!!!  :yahoo: can you imagine our Dear Leader Enzo pulling out all his hair just trying to sort it all out!!!   :rofl2:

We so have to do it next year! :thumbsup:

Now I'm off to roundup some Wombats! Here wommie wommie....

Three words: Single Transferable Vote (STF), which is the Proportional Representation (PR) system we use in Ireland. Nothing (well, almost nothing) beats the excitement of waiting until 4am in the morning for the results of the 14th count in some Godforsaken backwater. But it might test even Enzo's spreadsheet programming skills.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, klr said:

Three words: Single Transferable Vote (STF), which is the Proportional Representation (PR) system we use in Ireland. Nothing (well, almost nothing) beats the excitement of waiting until 4am in the morning for the results of the 14th count in some Godforsaken backwater. But it might test even Enzo's spreadsheet programming skills.

Fortunately the system we're already using results in a kind of preferential voting - being able to change your vote means you can redistribute your preferences away from candidates that are trailing to those that have a better chance. But I'd still like to see how Rich manages to produce a chart if we require everyone to rank their votes!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, zebra said:

Fortunately the system we're already using results in a kind of preferential voting - being able to change your vote means you can redistribute your preferences away from candidates that are trailing to those that have a better chance. But I'd still like to see how Rich manages to produce a chart if we require everyone to rank their votes!

I know it will require lots of rum!!!  :D

3 hours ago, trickyrich said:

can you imagine our Dear Leader Enzo pulling out all his hair just trying to sort it all out!!!   :rofl2:

What hair?   After the stress of previous bunfights, there is none of it left! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Don’t worry @vppelt68, the All American GB will get up. Just between you and I, I’ve secretly placed a box of 200 votes in Rich’s mailbox that he should get one day prior to the ballot closing. We’re bound to get in, in a Democratic kinda way! 🤥

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 04/11/2020 at 06:40, trickyrich said:

2021%20Voting%2003-XL.jpg

one maybe two of those I'd participate in....

I think we should have more slots next year because of the likelihood of finding that we have a lot of free time thanks to more covid....

1 hour ago, Adam Poultney said:

one maybe two of those I'd participate in....

I think we should have more slots next year because of the likelihood of finding that we have a lot of free time thanks to more covid....

Or alternatively, expand your horizons and participate in something new.  I'm of the view that there are already enough GB/STGB.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I only wonder, how many individual votes would the four merged American manufacturer GB:s gained so far had they remained independent :hmmm:

Im guessing theres just two many good choices this year, the Bristol aircraft GB isn't doing super good either. Maybe people want something other than manufacturers ? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wez said:

I'm of the view that there are already enough GB/STGB.

I agree completely, there's more than enough already and we already have enough overlap between them which makes some of us have to dip out of GB's that we would otherwise have joined in with. There is only so much time that many of us can commit to the GB's and modelling.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I only wonder, how many individual votes would the four merged American manufacturer GB:s gained so far had they remained independent :hmmm:

I think these kind of ones are sort of half way between an STGB and regular GB, so can't compete effectively... 

ok only 2 things of importance today,

1, I fixed a broken chart I use in the background and

2, it's Beer-o'clock!!!!! :yahoo:  :cheers:

other than that things are still progressing.....

........... someones again is not follow the changing of votes rules  :fight:  ....no vote changing until closer to the end, it's much more fun seeing members GB hopes and dreams being shattered! :D  

........ oh and the British AFV  by the looks of it has an oil leak! Will it breakdown altogether?

2021%20Voting%2005-XL.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

I'm holding back my votes until the very end, to make them count.

I can't see any good reason why this bunfight needs a whole month, other than to encourage vote-swapping at the end.

I don't think that vote swapping is necessarily a bad thing Tim.

In the extreme, imagine if all of the GBs that you voted for on day 1 turned out to be 'no hopers' - you'd feel pretty despondent and unrepresented.  Having the ability to transfer your votes at a later date, allows you to retain some influence over what GBs make it through (even though none of your initial choices will have been successful).  As others have said, the concept of a 'transferable vote' is a well established form of political 'proportional representation' in some countries.

I agree with you though, a month does seem like a very long haul (with not much happening in the middle two weeks).

Cheers

1 hour ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

I can't see any good reason why this bunfight needs a whole month, other than to encourage vote-swapping at the end.

If the Americans need a week to choose one of two options I think 4 weeks to choose 9 out of 20+ can be considered speed-voting. 😛

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

I read that as "wife swapping"😀

Edited by klr
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Torbjorn said:

If the ”None of the above” option ends up above the yellow line does that mean a GB with subjects not fitting in any of the other GBs or one with subjects not fitting in GBs with more votes? 🤔

No, I think if "None of the above" qualifies above the yellow line, all group builds above "None of the above" are automatically disqualified, and the 9 group builds immediately below "none of the above" now go forward into the diary. 

If everyone with an eye on a mid-field group build is willing to sacrifice just one vote and move it to the "None of the above" option we can stop this populist group build oppression and champion the minority group builds for a change! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CliffB said:

I don't think that vote swapping is necessarily a bad thing Tim.

In the extreme, imagine if all of the GBs that you voted for on day 1 turned out to be 'no hopers' - you'd feel pretty despondent and unrepresented.  Having the ability to transfer your votes at a later date, allows you to retain some influence over what GBs make it through (even though none of your initial choices will have been successful).  As others have said, the concept of a 'transferable vote' is a well established form of political 'proportional representation' in some countries.

I agree with you though, a month does seem like a very long haul (with not much happening in the middle two weeks).

Cheers

That's democracy though - and I have felt unrepresented, in the past

I've just looked back through completed GBs, I think it was 2016  -  but I've put it behind me.

Should HE learn role model behaviour from ME👼, or should I learn it from HIM:devil:?

2 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

If the Americans need a week to choose one of two options I think 4 weeks to choose 9 out of 20+ can be considered speed-voting. 😛

They're taking a week to COUNT the votes.  They obviously need Rich's visual counting aid.

2 hours ago, klr said:

I read that as "wife swapping"😀

is that a service that BM even offers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/5/2020 at 11:06 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Don’t worry @vppelt68, the All American GB will get up. Just between you and I, I’ve secretly placed a box of 200 votes in Rich’s mailbox that he should get one day prior to the ballot closing. We’re bound to get in, in a Democratic kinda way! 🤥

Cheers.. Dave 

I see El Presidenta @Rabbit Leader Has made his annual power grab again. 

All hail El Presidenta :mike:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5