2021 GB Bunfight Poll

2021 GB Bunfight poll  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for your favoured groupbuilds here. A maximum of nine votes per person please.

• Small Wars Take 2
    • Anything But Injection
    • The Mighty All-American Aircraft Mfg Co GB
    • Yanks Abroad
    • 90s NATO v Warsaw Pact
    • British AFVs through time - A Two Era build
    • Stranger In Town
    • Cars, trucks, bikes and AFVs
    • French Fancy 2
    • Arctic and Antarctic GB
    • High Wing GB
    • Less Than A Tenner 2
    • Double Deckers
    • None in this section
  2. 2. Please vote for your favoured groupbuilds here. A maximum of nine votes per person please.

• Shimmer, Shine, Digital and Splinter
    • Bristol Aeroplane Company
    • Africa GB
    • A Kit You Didn't Build As A Kid
    • Racers: classic, current, and Show-offs of all kinds !
    • ANZAC GB
    • V Force GB
    • Unarmed GB
    • Blitzkrieg GB
    • Intermarium GB
    • Nordic II GB – Ragnar’s European Tour 2021
    • BeNeLux GB
    • Gliders and Tugs
    • None in this section

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/20 at 23:59

Well I've voted being a relative newby I've ticked the boxes which would be covered by the few kits I own. I doubt I'd get 9 things built in a year I'm not sure I've ever built 9 models total 🙂. But nearing the finish of my fist GB im looking forward to trying more next year.

Dave

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

Vote 🇳🇴 🇸🇪 🇫🇮 🇦🇽 🇩🇰 🇫🇴 🇬🇱 🇮🇸 

Nice one, although there’s more flags there than I know of.. 

OK African GB hosts, lets see you do something similar hey! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Vote 🇧🇪 🇳🇱 🇱🇺 too - the geographic group builds are not mutually exclusive, but great fun and offer a lot of variety, n'est ce pas? 🇫🇷 aussi, et 🇦🇺 🇳🇿.

(No I'm not going do what Dave suggested while I was typing this, and I'm not the Africa GB host either :winkgrin:)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I voted for all these ‘Nationality’ type GB’s as I had so much fun during this years Nordic GB. It really opened my eyes to plenty of cool modelling subjects I’d never seriously considered before, however one warning.... it does nothing for stash reduction! 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

It certainly doesn't! I keep having good intentions of reducing the stash then a great GB comes along and the stash just keeps on growing.

Just think of all those small LHS that we are keeping afloat in these trying times!!  I know I'm doing my part.....now I just have to convince SWMBO that my buying is for the greater good of small businesses!!!  :chair:   :D

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, trickyrich said:

Just think of all those small LHS that we are keeping afloat in these trying times!!  I know I'm doing my part.....now I just have to convince SWMBO that my buying is for the greater good of small businesses!!!  :chair:   :D

I didn't realise just how altruistic I had been over the years, I'm just a born giver!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Nice one, although there’s more flags there than I know of.. 

OK African GB hosts, lets see you do something similar hey! 

Cheers.. Dave 

I very much doubt the forum will allow me to post that many flags in one reply :blink2:

• Sad 1

I'm still not entirely sure i understand how the bum fights lead to GBs here but there are so many interesting options. I used up all nine of my votes. But if I had to choose one from each group, it would be Double Deckers from the first group (I assume the reference is to biplanes) and ANZAC from group two.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, At Sea said:

I voted for things I’ll actually join & finish.

Which meant 4 votes, fingers crossed! 

Only four votes used? :hmmm:We need the Britmodeller GB Bumfight equivalent of the Emission Trading System - in the last days of The Fight, you could do big money with five surplus votes :rofl2:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, SoftScience said:

I'm still not entirely sure i understand how the bum fights lead to GBs here but there are so many interesting options. I used up all nine of my votes

We go back n forth through November willing people to vote for a group build. As of December 1st the top nine builds on @trickyrich’s spreadsheet will get to be in next years group builds. Enzo Matrix has a set of nine time frames all ready set. On December 1st and the following day or two past it Enzo Matrix and the Nine Group build hosts will figure out the dates. Then Enzo will announce the next years list of Builds and Single type builds once its is set. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

....and finally it's here........the first results.... they're up there already for everyone to see but here it is easier for us simple folk! 🤪

And gee have wee been busy little beavers/Britmodellers!!! There was a huge flurry of votes as soon as it opened, unfortunately this latest version of the forum software doesn't't now show me how many members have voted! So I will not be to give you the average number of votes cast. In previous years the fun amounts have not been used, last year with the choice to use 7 votes we averaged 5 votes per member, so this time I reckon the average will be around 6-7.

EDIT ---- other being shown that hidden number we are averaging 7 votes per member, so I was almost there.......yea Holy Spreadsheets!  :wub:

Surprises....well only 3 of the current top 9, but it's way to early to say much yet. Last year it took 8 days for the lead GB to cross the magic line, that was the "in the Navy" GB, which was the #1 choice and ended up with 93 votes. Will it be beaten this year?

OK so after much ado I present the first offical result chat for the 2021 GB poll!!  :yahoo: :christmas: :partytime: :cheers:

2021%20Voting%2001-XL.jpg

**** I take no responsibility for any errors.....they'll ether be down to my glasses are dirty, or I've had too many beers! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

9 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

unfortunately this latest version of the forum software doesn't't now show me how many members have voted!

Rich, on my side (Chrome browser), I can see number of votes - in that horizontal bar on the top of the poll - on left side it's written "2021 GB Bunfight poll", and on the right side of that bar it says (at the moment) "87 members have voted" - although that is written in dark grey color so it's a bit harder to notice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, srkirad said:

Rich, on my side (Chrome browser), I can see number of votes - in that horizontal bar on the top of the poll - on left side it's written "2021 GB Bunfight poll", and on the right side of that bar it says (at the moment) "87 members have voted" - although that is written in dark grey color so it's a bit harder to notice.

Thanks.....I can see it too, just, gosh it's hard to see!  

Will blame Enzo for making it so hard to see........probably not his fault.......but will still blame him!!!!  :bleh:

• Haha 3

@trickyrich **** I take no responsibility for any errors.....they'll ether be down to my glasses are dirty, or I've had too many beers! 

or you’re fiddling the numbers already!

A painter, who lived in Great Britain,
Interrupted two girls with their knittin'
He said, with a sigh,
"That park bench--well I
Just painted it, right where you're sittin.'"

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

would I do that!!!  :whistle:    

:bleh:

How else would the Nordic GB be above the cut off line?

2 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

So at present we should all be looking for unarmed, racing coloured French high wing planes stationed in Africa made from resin that cost less than £10...

Mr Kipling does some amazing French Fancies for less than a tenner. 

Thanks again for organising this Rich but I have to ask...

3 hours ago, trickyrich said:

...Speardsheets!

Are those like normal sheets but nailed to the wall? :hmmm: :shrug:

• Haha 4