2021 GB Bunfight Poll

2021 GB Bunfight poll  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for your favoured groupbuilds here. A maximum of nine votes per person please.

• Small Wars Take 2
    • Anything But Injection
    • The Mighty All-American Aircraft Mfg Co GB
    • Yanks Abroad
    • 90s NATO v Warsaw Pact
    • British AFVs through time - A Two Era build
    • Stranger In Town
    • Cars, trucks, bikes and AFVs
    • French Fancy 2
    • Arctic and Antarctic GB
    • High Wing GB
    • Less Than A Tenner 2
    • Double Deckers
    • None in this section
  2. 2. Please vote for your favoured groupbuilds here. A maximum of nine votes per person please.

• Shimmer, Shine, Digital and Splinter
    • Bristol Aeroplane Company
    • Africa GB
    • A Kit You Didn't Build As A Kid
    • Racers: classic, current, and Show-offs of all kinds !
    • ANZAC GB
    • V Force GB
    • Unarmed GB
    • Blitzkrieg GB
    • Intermarium GB
    • Nordic II GB – Ragnar’s European Tour 2021
    • BeNeLux GB
    • Gliders and Tugs
    • None in this section

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/20 at 23:59

Why combine as many as we can? Some will win, some will lose anyway. Regarding the French Fancy + the BeNeLux for example, I say Non! They'd both lose their essential flavour if combined. GB:s are good to be inclusive and I support loose ruling with eligibility of the builds, but The Group Builds Need A Solid Theme And Focus. Otherwise we can just start build threads in the various "open" WIP- sections, but that's not my cup of 🍵.

V-P

• Like 6

A Scottish Rugby Player Visits Harvard

A Scottish rugby player at the end of his high school career is ecstatic to find out he is being considered for a scholarship to Harvard. All he has to do is show up to visit the coach and he's sure to be a shoe-in.

After a long flight, he finds himself on Harvard's campus, but without a campus map or guide, he gets lost and has to ask for directions. He spots two students coming his way down the path, approaches them, and asks in his deep Scottish accent, "Excuse me, can you tell me where the rugby field is at?"

The two Harvard students are aghast, "Excuse me," one says, casting a horrified glance to his friend, "This is Harvard. We are a respectable institution, and as such we do not end our sentences in prepositions."

The rugby player thinks for a moment then looks the student dead in the eye, "Can you tell me where the rugby field is at, poopchute?"

------------------------------

oldies......

A Scottish man walks into a bar..

.. There's usually an Irishman & Englishman in this joke but they're still at the Rugby World Cup.

---------------------

Q. What do you call an Irishman holding a bottle of champagne after the Rugby World Cup Final?
A. Waiter.

• Haha 6

On 10/20/2020 at 8:13 AM, helios16v said:

Right?  We get more votes than last year...and it's still not enough.  :D

I'm not even going to be able to vote for all the GBs I signed up for, and then there are all those other GBs that got a bye from last year. Things are going to get very rough indeed ...

4 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

@trickyrich, making friends and mostly enemies everywhere he goes. Lets face it, he doesn’t make models :howzat:

as always! :D

I'm doing pretty good this year only 2 non-completed (the SuperBug is actually 98% done), 5 completed, all 1/48th or bigger, 3 1/35th or bigger.....with 2 to come, all in all a good year!

I think it might be time for you to leave the Little League and come play with the big boys! :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anatol Pigwa said:

could you please cuange the name of my proposed GB from 'Intermarum" to "Intermarium"? It is a minor apelling mistake, but quite annoying once you see it.

In that case, check also your own signature :winkgrin:. V-P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Scargsy said:

Ummm....

Cars, trucks, bikes and AFVs
Motorbikes, Cars And Trucks GB

I do love my wheelie builds but are those really separate GBs or a duplicate?

They are currently seperate GBs.  However, it would be best if the hosts of the respective GBs agreed to amalgamate them, therby maximising their voting potential. 

• Like 1

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He's not breathing so his friend calls 999. 'My friend is dead! What should I do?" The operator replies, "Calm down sir, first make sure that he's really dead." There's a silence, then a loud bang. Back on the phone, the guy says, "Ok, now what?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 10/21/2020 at 11:06 AM, klr said:

I'm not even going to be able to vote for all the GBs I signed up for, and then there are all those other GBs that got a bye from last year. Things are going to get very rough indeed ...

I don't buy into the bye process, of automatic inclusion of a GB into the Bunfight, just because it achieved the threshold of interest in 2019's chat threads - then didn't receive enough VOTES to be scheduled.

Once the Bunfight result is declared,  I might well build or otherwise dispose of a kit mentioned in a chat thread.  The host is counting on support which I can no longer offer  -  unless I've reaffirm my support for that GB in the thread.

I really think that a better solution would be to start a new chat thread, and list of supporters, for a GB each year.  That way the organiser knows exactly who has committed their support for a GB during the year, and clear out all the old GB chat threads.

• Like 2

Hokey Pokey folks, the moment you've all been waiting for and you didn't even realise it.......the offical...almost....... GB Voting Chart!!!! :yahoo: Now in it's 4th(????) year and what amazing new features have I included for this year............ none as I'm too lazy!  :D  Plus the chart is huge this time!

2021%20Voting-XL.jpg

....and gosh want a whopper it is........something most will never hear!!  :rofl2:

Oookay for those that haven't seen this before (shame on you!!! :nono:) here's how it all works. Each day I'll update the votes/data on to the Holy Spreadsheet :pope:, then hit a few keys and say a few prays have a beer and out'll pop a lovely chart. showing current number of each GB votes running from the LHS. On the RHS side you will see the change of votes either new of removed! Now this changing of votes really becomes relevance when the strategic voting starts toward the end of the poll. Not what normally happens in a poll but in this case it adds an element of excitement into the voting......not that the chart isn't already extremely exciting!

As the the votes come in the top place GB  will be at the top and bottom at the bottom, so positions will change daily, this makes it much easier to see where your fav GB is sitting..

The Yellow horizontal line is the Cutoff line, that is if your fav GB above it and it's one of the 9 GB's for 2021 :yahoo:  , below  :crying:  ..........maybe better luck next year.

The Blue dotted line is the Magic Number line, based on pervious years any GB that passes this has made it, somewhere between 62 & 64 votes seems to be the number.

From where I sit looking over the past GB voting data/GB's, there's probably only 12 (maybe 14) GB's fighting for those 9 spots. I really think that a few more of these GB's should have merged as I can see similar GB's cannibalising votes of each other and hurting them for having any chance of going through! I know lots will disagree but I just read the data. I have a few more charts running in the background which I don't post which helps me to predict the final outcome.

So initially I'll sort of post updates every often but these will become daily as things start to take off.

So get you're fav 🍺/🍹 & 🍟/🍕 ready and let the most awesome time on BM start! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

One job, give him one job! 

Im surprised to see the Nordic 2 GB, below the cut off line with no votes :whistle:, it’s not like the owner of the GB and the “inputer” of the “votes” is the same person. 

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him faster. 

If anything, it’s made him more sluggish. 

• Haha 6

We're almost there!   I'm going to make an executive decision and combine two GBs which are very similar to prevent them competing against each other.

Cars, trucks, bikes and AFVs  and Motorbiks/Cars/Trucks are now a single GB. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

We're almost there!   I'm going to make an executive decision and combine two GBs which are very similar to prevent them competing against each other.

Cars, trucks, bikes and AFVs  and Motorbiks/Cars/Trucks are now a single GB. 

:yikes: WHAT!!!   and after all those hours of Blood sweat and tears building this spreadsheet I now have to change it!!!!!!!!  :angry: 

ENZO!!!!!  :fight:

........ok sorted! :D

• Haha 4