2021 GB Bunfight Poll

2021 GB Bunfight poll  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for your favoured groupbuilds here. A maximum of nine votes per person please.

• Small Wars Take 2
    • Anything But Injection
    • The Mighty All-American Aircraft Mfg Co GB
    • Yanks Abroad
    • 90s NATO v Warsaw Pact
    • British AFVs through time - A Two Era build
    • Stranger In Town
    • Cars, trucks, bikes and AFVs
    • French Fancy 2
    • Arctic and Antarctic GB
    • High Wing GB
    • Less Than A Tenner 2
    • Double Deckers
    • None in this section
  2. 2. Please vote for your favoured groupbuilds here. A maximum of nine votes per person please.

• Shimmer, Shine, Digital and Splinter
    • Bristol Aeroplane Company
    • Africa GB
    • A Kit You Didn't Build As A Kid
    • Racers: classic, current, and Show-offs of all kinds !
    • ANZAC GB
    • V Force GB
    • Unarmed GB
    • Blitzkrieg GB
    • Intermarium GB
    • Nordic II GB – Ragnar’s European Tour 2021
    • BeNeLux GB
    • Gliders and Tugs
    • None in this section

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/20 at 23:59

In the closing stages that was more tense than Pennsylvania!

So I did a quick list of the GB's I've put myself down for, and my likely picks for them, then another list of the other "non-GB" stash candidates that I'd really like to have a crack at in 2021. Then I considered having to earn a living, and spend at least some of the time asleep, and also maybe spend a bit of time with SWMBO. Then I brought into the equation that scale modelling isn't even my "main" recreational pastime, wandering around in the mountains is, and as 2020 has been utterly pants on that front I'll want to be making up for lost time next year. Finally I factored in my risible completion rate. Then I had a good laugh.

My final list is 

• Desert Storm: SEPECAT Jaguar
  • Africa: Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker, Alouette III
  • Unarmed: Caudron C-645 Simoun
  • Less Than A Tenner: Hawker Tempest
  • French Fancy: Potez 540
  • Nordic: Saab Safir quadruple triple build (one each for Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark)

With maybe a STGB or two.

Thanks to @Enzo Matrix for running the poll, and in advance to the hosts!

Edit: I can't find a Danish Safir. Pity.

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My dance card:

Desert Storm GB              Sun, 17 Jan 21    Sat, 15 May 21        Tornado GR.1, in my stash ready to go.
ANZAC                            Sat, 23 Jan 21    Sun, 16 May 21         486 Squadron Typhoon, No more Kiwi than Desmond Scott's Squadron!  In stash.
Africa    Sat, 20 Feb 21    Sun, 13 Jun 21                                   Undecided, maybe a dabble into the murky world of armour...
A-4 Skyhawk STGB          Sat, 6 Mar 21    Sun, 6 Jun 21           Argentine A-4 from the Falklands or John McCain's. Need to buy.
Unarmed                        Sat, 17 Apr 21    Sun, 8 Aug 21            Victor K2 Tanker. In stash.
Less Than A Tenner        Sat, 15 May 21    Sun, 5 Sep 21           Something will turn up, eBay bargain or middle of Lidl.
Bf 109 STGB                   Sat, 29 May 21    Sun, 29 Aug 21         An E from the BoB and maybe a G, both in stash.
Bristol                             Sat, 12 Jun 21    Sun, 3 Oct 21             No idea but it will be something!
F-16 Part Deux STGB      Sat, 19 Jun 21    Sun, 19 Sep 21           Need to buy the Hasegawa 1/48 WolfPack boxing I loved as a kid.
French Fancy II              Wed, 14 Jul 21    Sun, 7 Nov 21            Possibly a Etendard...
F-4 Phantom STGB        Sat, 21 Aug 21    Sun, 21 Nov 21          1/48 Hasegawa FGR.2 as 6 Squadron in a Matchbox Homage.            
F-14 STGB                    Sat, 18 Sep 21    Sun, 19 Dec 21             1/48 Tamiya F-14A, well it was going to happen sooner or later!

I am aware this is quite a busy year but the stash isn't going to build itself!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Yay! Looking forward to those, Heather! 

You won’t be surprised to find they’re all tiny 1/76 and 1/72 scale things. They’re intended for set dressing exercises when photographing the planes.

• Like 2

I was shocked my 'Unarmed' GB suggestion made it to the poll, but to finish on top of it is quite cool. First time a suggestion of mine has made it to the poll so I'm quite looking forward to hosting and seeing what everyone is going to build.

• Like 8

This has been great fun to watch - apart from that image from @trickyrich - I have stuff in the stash with stickers that fits the 6 GBs below - but I have found that even with encouragement it's taken me 3 1/2 months to do one build - so something will have to give mid-year

Desert Storm GB              Sun, 17 Jan 21    Sat, 15 May 21         tentative F-4E 3rd TFW PACAF
Unarmed                        Sat, 17 Apr 21    Sun, 8 Aug 21            Canberra PR9
Less Than A Tenner        Sat, 15 May 21    Sun, 5 Sep 21            plenty of choice
F-16 Part Deux STGB      Sat, 19 Jun 21    Sun, 19 Sep 21           Israeli D
F-4 Phantom STGB        Sat, 21 Aug 21    Sun, 21 Nov 21          plenty of choice RAF or USAF
Nordic 2                        Sat, 4 Sep 21    Sun, 26 Dec 21             F-104 RDAF or RNoAF

At best its one build for each of 6 GBs.

Chris

• Like 2

Hi,

This was the first time that I followed the GB bunfight poll. I enjoyed it.

I hope to particpate in the following:

*The Desert Storm GB. Plenty of subjects that I'm interested in. At least one RAF subject: a 1/144 Victor K2 and/or a 1/72 Buccaneer (if that new Airfix kit gets here in time). Also something American with Bullseye decals in 1/48, probably the GWH F-15C.

*Unarmed: probably a 1/72 EA-6A or EA-6B.

*High Wing: definitely the 1/144 Beverley, maybe a Harrier too.

*F-14 STGB: a 1/48 Tamiya F-14A with the Caracal "Early years" sheet.

Maybe something in others too: the F-16 and F-4 STGB's being great candidates and the French Fancy GB as well.

Cheers, Stefan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stefan Buysse said:

*The Desert Storm GB. Plenty of subjects that I'm interested in. At least one RAF subject: a 1/144 Victor K2

The K2, a pain in 1/144. There's the rather nice looking GWH kit until you realise the wings aren't K2 wings and are instead B2 wings... Fixable but a pain. The decals are printed to fit the B2 wings so that we be a pain also

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

@Corsairfoxfouruncle & @JOCKNEY I forgot to mention to you guy's when I saw the GB dates that you should have tried for the April spot, seeing ANZAC Day is the 25th for use Aussie's and Kiwi's!!!

Would have been fitting to have started around then.

True but this is a smooth transition for me as im finishing up the Panther STGB about 10 days before this one starts. No major gaps makes it easier to maintain the host mentality. 

10 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Thanks to all involved in organising and delivering the fun. Whilst it would have been nice to have another ‘vehicle’ GB, part of me is glad mine never made it!! I pitched it a couple of years ago and after seeing all the hard work that goes into the GBs by the hosts, I was kind of wondering where I’d find the time. Anyhow, congrats and good luck to all the 2021 hosts; I look forward to joining a number of wonderful GBs that made the cut. Cheers. Nigel 

There's lots of resin and white metal vehicles in 1:43 as well as 1:76 so feel free to hop on board (if you're making a bus!) on the anything but injection GB

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I'd love to do something resin for the "Anything but Injection GB" but all my resin stuff is huge and time consuming.

I do hope so, I've got you down as a co-host!! I'm quite sure we both know that resin doesn't HAVE to be large!! My plan as host is to say I was so busy being the imperfect host that I didn't have time to finish my own builds and will have my KUTA builds pre-booked. Which will save me the week I usually spend looking through the stash at ALL the KUTA candidates!! 

Seriously, don't worry if you can't co-host; I've a feeling you'll be along for the ride/ banter in any case

Well, I've just plotted out all of the potential GB and STGB I want to enter and identified a week in August when I'll have 9 models on the go!  And then there's the garden and hopefully the touring season in the self propelled temporary house on wheels!  And then there's whatever comes out of next year's bunfight...   ...what have I done!!

Fortunately, all most of the subjects are in the stash but I'm still worried nonetheless!

In case you're interested the potential subjects are:

Interceptors GB -SH Meteor NF.12

Op Granby GB - Airfix Buccaneer

ANZAC GB - SH P-40

Africa GB - Airfix MiG-17

Skyhawk STGB - Airfix A-4B

Texan/Harvard STGB - Academy T-6

Unarmed GB - SH Magister or Zephyr

Les than £!0 GB - Academy F-84G

Bf-109 STGB - Heller Bf-109K or AZ Bf-109G

Bristol Aircraft GB - Airfix Beaufighter

F-16 STGB - Revell F-16C

Hellcat STGB - Eduard Hellcat

French Fancy 2 - SH Super Mystère & Modelsvit Mirage IIIB

High Wing GB - SH Dornier Do-27

F4 STGB - Model 2000 (Hasegawa) F-4D

Nordic 2 GB - Sword RF-84F

Something will give somewhere but it's good to have ambition...   ...isn't it?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Thanks to rich and enzo for their quality bunfightery goodness

My 2021 line up is already overly and unrealistically optimistic and heavily weighted in the STGB corner -

A-4 Skyhawk STGB   -   hasegawa 1/48 plus resin on its way
Bf 109 STGB   -   a 1/48 eduard from the stash 
F-16 Part Deux STGB   -   A tamiya 1/48 from the stash
French Fancy II   -  if i have time a Revell 1/48 rafale from the stash
F-4 Phantom STGB     -    If i have time completing a started but less than 25% complete academy f-4 - a vietnam gb hangover.

F-14 STGB            - a discounted tamiya 1/48 tomcat A on its way

Could anyone kindly ‘lend’ me a GB excell file for the gb year? 
I haven’t got a clue how to make one from scratch but could probably delete the sections not relevant.

I would love to have one so I thought I’d throw it out there.

A mankini for anyone who helps. 

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Wez said:

Well, I've just plotted out all of the potential GB and STGB I want to enter and identified a week in August when I'll have 9 models on the go!  And then there's the garden and hopefully the touring season in the self propelled temporary house on wheels!  And then there's whatever comes out of next year's bunfight...   ...what have I done!!

Fortunately, all most of the subjects are in the stash but I'm still worried nonetheless!

In case you're interested the potential subjects are:

Interceptors GB -SH Meteor NF.12

Op Granby GB - Airfix Buccaneer

ANZAC GB - SH P-40

Africa GB - Airfix MiG-17

Skyhawk STGB - Airfix A-4B

Texan/Harvard STGB - Academy T-6

Unarmed GB - SH Magister or Zephyr

Les than £!0 GB - Academy F-84G

Bf-109 STGB - Heller Bf-109K or AZ Bf-109G

Bristol Aircraft GB - Airfix Beaufighter

F-16 STGB - Revell F-16C

Hellcat STGB - Eduard Hellcat

French Fancy 2 - SH Mystère & Modelsvit Mirage IIIB

High Wing GB - SH Dornier Do-27

F4 STGB - Model 2000 (Hasegawa) F-4D

Nordic 2 GB - Sword RF-84F

Something will give somewhere but it's good to have ambition...   ...isn't it?

Blimey Wez, that is going to be one very busy year for you!

5 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

You won’t be surprised to find they’re all tiny 1/76 and 1/72 scale things. They’re intended for set dressing exercises when photographing the planes.

Still looking forward to seeing them.

A nice balance for me next year then.

Possible ANZAC contender, Anything but Plastic for sure, ditto Unarmed and Less than a Tenner. Possible Bristol, I'll be in for the Mustang one, and the Heller GB kits I don't complete can get another chance in the French Fancy gig.

High wing should see something from me and maybe even the F4 GB.

I'm out of breath just typing that lot!

Tony.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My playlist for the year.

Desert Storm GB             Buccaneer, F-15E, French Mirage F1CT, Iraqi Mirage F1EQ        
ANZAC                            Mirage IIIO, A11 Matilda.  Maybe an RNZAF Kahu

Panzer III STGB               Panzer IIIA, Stug IIIG 1/35
Africa                              SAAF Mirage IIICZ and Cheetah E.  Ethiopian and Somali Mig-17s as used in the Ogaden War. Dogfight double! 
A-4 Skyhawk STGB          Brazilian AF-1   

Anything But Injection     resin Ferret armoured car 1/35

T-6 Texan STGB               RAF Harvard I  1/48
Unarmed                         JPS Lotus 72.  OO Gauge Maunsell Class V steam engine x 2  
Less Than A Tenner          Hobby Boss F-5E
Bf 109 STGB                     Bf 109B, Bf 109K, Avia S-199  all in 1/48 
Bristol                              Blenheim, Beaufort, Beaufighter and possibly Brigand.   
F-16 Part Deux STGB       not yet decided but two for definite

Hellcat STGB                     French aircraft in 1/72  probably one other

Ford Mustang STGB          An early one and a modern one
French Fancy II                 Breguet Deux Ponts, Mirage IIIC and IIIE, Super Mystere B2

High Wing GB                  1/48 Lysander

F4 STGB                           F-4J(UK) and an F-4B Mig killer.  Possibly an Egyptian F-4E

Nordic 2 GB                      Swedish Lansen and Tunnan.   Finnish Sturmi

F-14 STGB                        One from each Gulf of Sidra incident. Possibly an Iranian one as well.

Okay, that's my plan. :lol:   Let's see if reality matches up.  For some time now it has been my ambition to build something in every group build during the year.  So far I have failed miserably.  Maybe 2021 will be different. 

In every case excepting the Ford Mustangs and the Beaufort, I will be building from the stash. :thumbsup: 

• Like 10

Enzo, your build list is the perfect showcase for all those who don't know the difference between management and leadership.

And to top that all off with a Sturmi - oh supreme leader (not Diana Ross, though) I'm speechless! V-P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

My playlist for the year.

Desert Storm GB             Buccaneer, F-15E, French Mirage F1CT, Iraqi Mirage F1EQ        
ANZAC                            Mirage IIIO, A11 Matilda.  Maybe an RNZAF Kahu

Panzer III STGB               Panzer IIIA, Stug IIIG 1/35
Africa                              SAAF Mirage IIICZ and Cheetah E.  Ethiopian and Somali Mig-17s as used in the Ogaden War. Dogfight double! 
A-4 Skyhawk STGB          Brazilian AF-1   

Anything But Injection     resin Ferret armoured car 1/35

T-6 Texan STGB               RAF Harvard I  1/48
Unarmed                         JPS Lotus 72.  OO Gauge Maunsell Class V steam engine x 2  
Less Than A Tenner          Hobby Boss F-5E
Bf 109 STGB                     Bf 109B, Bf 109K, Avia S-199  all in 1/48 
Bristol                              Blenheim, Beaufort, Beaufighter and possibly Brigand.   
F-16 Part Deux STGB       not yet decided but two for definite

Hellcat STGB                     French aircraft in 1/72  probably one other

Ford Mustang STGB          An early one and a modern one
French Fancy II                 Breguet Deux Ponts, Mirage IIIC and IIIE, Super Mystere B2

High Wing GB                  1/48 Lysander

F4 STGB                           F-4J(UK) and an F-4B Mig killer.  Possibly an Egyptian F-4E

Nordic 2 GB                      Swedish Lansen and Tunnan.   Finnish Sturmi

F-14 STGB                        One from each Gulf of Sidra incident. Possibly an Iranian one as well.

Okay, that's my plan. :lol:   Let's see if reality matches up.  For some time now it has been my ambition to build something in every group build during the year.  So far I have failed miserably.  Maybe 2021 will be different. 

In every case excepting the Ford Mustangs and the Beaufort, I will be building from the stash. :thumbsup: 

You forgot about the Hellcat STGB!

12 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

And to top that all off with a Sturmi

I am so looking forward to building that one.   Hopefully in post war markings with roundels on the casemate sides.   However, therein lies a problem as I I don't think the postwar vehicles carried the improvised wooden armour.

In either case the camouflage scheme is significantly different to German Stug IIIs.  I've also got a set of Finnish tank crew figures who will look magnificent in their leather jackets. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I am so looking forward to building that one.   Hopefully in post war markings with roundels on the casemate sides.   However, therein lies a problem as I I don't think the postwar vehicles carried the improvised wooden armour.

In either case the camouflage scheme is significantly different to German Stug IIIs.  I've also got a set of Finnish tank crew figures who will look magnificent in their leather jackets. 

If you find time... read through this!

http://www.andreaslarka.net/sturmi.html

• Thanks 1