2021 GB Bunfight Poll

2021 GB Bunfight poll  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for your favoured groupbuilds here. A maximum of nine votes per person please.

• Small Wars Take 2
    • Anything But Injection
    • The Mighty All-American Aircraft Mfg Co GB
    • Yanks Abroad
    • 90s NATO v Warsaw Pact
    • British AFVs through time - A Two Era build
    • Stranger In Town
    • Cars, trucks, bikes and AFVs
    • French Fancy 2
    • Arctic and Antarctic GB
    • High Wing GB
    • Less Than A Tenner 2
    • Double Deckers
    • None in this section
  2. 2. Please vote for your favoured groupbuilds here. A maximum of nine votes per person please.

• Shimmer, Shine, Digital and Splinter
    • Bristol Aeroplane Company
    • Africa GB
    • A Kit You Didn't Build As A Kid
    • Racers: classic, current, and Show-offs of all kinds !
    • ANZAC GB
    • V Force GB
    • Unarmed GB
    • Blitzkrieg GB
    • Intermarium GB
    • Nordic II GB – Ragnar’s European Tour 2021
    • BeNeLux GB
    • Gliders and Tugs
    • None in this section

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/20 at 23:59

Yes great work Rich. Some great jokes, some questionable ones, and I'm sorry I ever mentioned mankinis (I don't think that was even here - wasn't it in the interceptors GB?). I'm pretty happy with the outcome, there are (I think) 3 that I didn't vote for, and for two of them it was because I knew they were so popular I could use the votes elsewhere. Now we just need to see the timetable - I'm hoping there isn't too much overlap between the ones I'm most interested in - I'll have a much easier time of it if Unarmed, Africa and Anything But Injection don't all overlap!

• Like 1

Here is the provisional playlist for next year.   I have taken into account the requests I have receoved so far.  I have also had to take into account that a number of hosts have signed up for numerous GBs thoughout the year.  I have done my best to ensure that people get a break as far as possible but for a couple of you there will be concurrent GBs.   This list does not take into account the three blitzbuilds and the KUTA build, which will take place as normal. 

Desert Storm GB              Sun, 17 Jan 21    Sat, 15 May 21         Enzo Matrix
ANZAC                            Sat, 23 Jan 21    Sun, 16 May 21         Corsairfoxfouruncle, Jockney
Panzer III STGB                Sat, 6 Feb 21    Sun, 9 May 21            Plastix
Africa    Sat, 20 Feb 21    Sun, 13 Jun 21                                    Col.
A-4 Skyhawk STGB          Sat, 6 Mar 21    Sun, 6 Jun 21             Modelling Minion
Anything But Injection    Sat, 20 Mar 21    Sun, 11 Jul 21           Mjwomack, trickyrich, Pin
T-6 Texan STGB              Sat, 3 Apr 21    Sun, 4 Jul 21                Wez
Unarmed                        Sat, 17 Apr 21    Sun, 8 Aug 21            Brad
Less Than A Tenner        Sat, 15 May 21    Sun, 5 Sep 21            PlaStix
Bf 109 STGB                   Sat, 29 May 21    Sun, 29 Aug 21         Col.
Bristol                             Sat, 12 Jun 21    Sun, 3 Oct 21             rob85
F-16 Part Deux STGB      Sat, 19 Jun 21    Sun, 19 Sep 21           trickyrich
Hellcat STGB                   Sat, 26 Jun 21    Sun, 26 Sep 21           Col.
Ford Mustang STGB        Sat, 10 Jul 21    Sun, 10 Oct 21            VP
French Fancy II              Wed, 14 Jul 21    Sun, 7 Nov 21            Wez
High Wing                     Sat, 7 Aug 21    Sun, 28 Nov 21            C;liff B, Corsairfoxfouruncle
F-4 Phantom STGB        Sat, 21 Aug 21    Sun, 21 Nov 21          DaveJL
Nordic 2                        Sat, 4 Sep 21    Sun, 26 Dec 21              trickyrich, reini, marlin, Col.
F-14 STGB                    Sat, 18 Sep 21    Sun, 19 Dec 21             Col.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 18

Many thanks for your great work as usual Enzo

First half of next year looks busy! I think I'll manage it by limiting my Interceptor and Heller builds and starting fairly fresh with ANZAC, probably skip Desert Storm, was going to skip Panzer III anyway, the STGBs might not get a look-in (but can do a Skyhawk or two in ANZAC anyway, similarly my T-6 STGB contributions would most likely have been a Boomerang or Wirraway), then skipping Less Than A Tenner, Bristol and the F-16 STGB will give Anything But Injection and Unarmed get a pretty clear run - I've got some ambitious plans for those two. Then things get busy again with French Fancy, High Wing, the Phantom STGB and Nordic II.

I can't wait. Got some great plans for next year's modelling. Bring it on!

• Like 2

Hear! Hear! Many thanks!

I could spend next year building Grumman aircraft in BM GBs! :yahoo:

A-6E TRAM for Desert Storm

F2F or XF12F for Anything But Injection

Gulfhawk II or 4 for Unarmed

F6F-5 for Hellcat STGB

F-14A and/or D for F-14 STGB

To be sure, that would be a record production from me... 

Edited by dnl42
Forgot the resin kits.
  • Like 5

Thanks @trickyrich and @Enzo Matrix, this was my first GB poll, having become part of the "GB crowd" this year. Very entertaining and the schedule is perfect for me. I will not have any modelling time in the first four months of this year (well, maybe a little in January) and there will be no summer vacation because of the house move so I'll be starting with ABI and plan to participate in Unarmed, Less then a Tenner and finish off with my favourite for 2021 which is Nordic, The Sequel :yahoo:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Well done Rich, you’ve done a great job keeping us informed and mildly entertained in the bad joke department. Well 7 out of 9 GB’s that I voted for got in... although history reminds me that I haven’t built seven kits in a year since my teenager years!  Let’s see what 2021 brings, surely it’s gotta be better than 2020! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Yes, thanks to @trickyrich for the bar charts, it made it easier than trying to sort it all out in my head who was in front and by how much.

Thanks as always to @Enzo Matrix for setting up the poll in the first place and the general cat wrangling that being King of Group Builds entails.

Dave @Rabbit Leader, you think you've got problems, I've just gone through the provisional list and there's sixteen GB's and STGB's I'd like to participate in, I can't remember when I last built sixteen kits in one year!  Much like yourself, in my teenage years!

I think I'm going to have to to get the Queen of spreadsheets (aka the Wonderful Mrs Wez), to teach me how to make a spreadsheet to keep track of all of this!

Well done to the Unarmed GB for pipping FF2 at the post by a short nose, it really came up on the rails!  Never take anything for granted!!

• Like 3

Thanks to all involved in organising and delivering the fun. Whilst it would have been nice to have another ‘vehicle’ GB, part of me is glad mine never made it!! I pitched it a couple of years ago and after seeing all the hard work that goes into the GBs by the hosts, I was kind of wondering where I’d find the time. Anyhow, congrats and good luck to all the 2021 hosts; I look forward to joining a number of wonderful GBs that made the cut. Cheers. Nigel 

Glad that's all sorted now, 4 I voted for got through but sods law states that they basically run in 2 pairs overlapping. So I might only get 2 in this year as I don't work that fast and I can only concentrate on 1 model at a time as I'm not that organised and methodical. Never know though, i might give it a go, could be interesting with an aircraft wing glued to the rear of an F1 car 🤣

Thanks to @Enzo Matrix for his patience and skills in sorting us out again 😁

Ekkkk my dance calendar is super filled up now!!!

Due to state of dance card I'll only (for now) be joining the ANZAC and Nordic GB (of course)......so the other hosts can breath a sigh of relief! :D

For the ANZAC either a Zoukei-Mura RAAF F-4E :wub: or a 1/35th Leopard 1AS........... and of course for the Nordic GB the "Mythical Draken"!!!!!!!  :rofl2: Yeah right........the big girl will make her debut.... the 1/32nd Viggen! :D

Ok...done the Holy Spreadsheet.....and it doesn't look any better........though there is the open threat I may join the Unarmed GB!  I'd love to do something resin for the "Anything but Injection GB" but all my resin stuff is huge and time consuming.

There again, depending of the way builds go I might be able to squeeze/sneak into another GB!  

Roll on 2021!!! :yahoo: :penguin:

• Haha 2

@Corsairfoxfouruncle & @JOCKNEY I forgot to mention to you guy's when I saw the GB dates that you should have tried for the April spot, seeing ANZAC Day is the 25th for use Aussie's and Kiwi's!!!

Would have been fitting to have started around then.

• Like 3

Thanks again @Enzo Matrix for organising this and @trickyrich for being Chart Master. We're in for a busy year again gang!

6 hours ago, zebra said:

...I'm sorry I ever mentioned mankinis (I don't think that was even here - wasn't it in the interceptors GB?)

Aw no. No, no, no, no, no. Don't even try blaming THAT on me! :o

• Haha 2

And breath.....:winkgrin:

Thanks to everyone for putting on the show, including the proposers of those GBs that didn't make the cut.  Hopefully we'll see some of these returning next year for another pop :cheers:

From a personal point of view, I'm relieved that the two GBs that suit my planned builds for next year's Scale ModelWorld have got through and also that they are both scheduled to complete before November!

Cheers

• Like 2

Good morning

It seems that with all these very interesting GB/STGB 2021 will be a very busy year for me and for a lot of BM Members ..

I will do my best to participate in all the Gb I signed for but it will nit be esay..

Patrice

Another great bunfight. Well played everyone 

As a child I watched Mary Poppins so many times I suffered from a condition with my sight.

Umdiddleiddleiddleumdiddle Eye.

• Haha 1

Thanks to @Enzo Matrix and @trickyrich for presiding over the bunfight.  As promised I cast my votes late last night - this is my first look at the results.

My build calendar will have quite a gap early in the year,  then BusyBusyBusy later on. 

No need for re-counts or appeals from me, I'm happy to accept the democratic result.

Well, there are three GBs I shall be tempted by. High Wing is definitely on the cards, and Anything But Injection could finally see my small collection of whitemetal and resin truck kits put together. I shall consider French Fancies as well, though some of the builds that suit it also suit High Wing. Hmm.

When I posted my idea for encouraging people to tackle models with more than a pair of wings back in January, I never thought it would gain enough interest to even make it to the bunfight. I was chuffed to bits when it did, and I’m very happy to see that it hovered around the middle of the table virtually the whole month of voting. 

In a way, I’m quietly pleased it didn’t make the cut. I don’t think I’m cut out to be a GB host. I’m much happier just joining in with the throng. 

My thanks to Enzo and the rest of the gang for running the bunfight this year. It’s been an interesting experience at times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'll get a couple of those in, I reckon (BF109, Bristol for sure, maybe Unarmed and Under a Tenner or ANZAC as well).

Thanks very much to @Enzo Matrix and @trickyrich for their organisation and administration.  This is my first year on BM and these will be my first GB's, so I'm looking forward to getting started.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

Anything But Injection could finally see my small collection of whitemetal and resin truck kits put together.

Yay! Looking forward to those, Heather! 

• Like 2

With the results as they are I will be entering the following:

Unnamed - tanker or reconnaissance V Bomber of some sort probably

Less than a tenner - undecided but I'll build something

High wing - Valiant probably

Bristol aircraft company - Beaufort if I get the new kit

New Zealand and Australia - Vulcan XH562 for the short time she has kiwi roundels 

Anything but injection - there's some resin Avro 707s or I might get a vacuform kit of some sort to build

• Like 3

Well, sounds like we're going to have another interesting GB assortment in 2021 ! Really I can see myself trying to take part in all the ones where an aircraft kit can be entered. Of course being able to complete something is a very different story... 🤣

Have to thanks Enzo Matrix for his work in managing the GBs, all the people who proposed and will host the GBs and of course those who made this thread a great fun to follow !

Now better start checking the stash for subjects... only to then change my mind the day before the GB starts...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3