2021 GB Bunfight Poll

2021 GB Bunfight poll  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for your favoured groupbuilds here. A maximum of nine votes per person please.

• Small Wars Take 2
    • Anything But Injection
    • The Mighty All-American Aircraft Mfg Co GB
    • Yanks Abroad
    • 90s NATO v Warsaw Pact
    • British AFVs through time - A Two Era build
    • Stranger In Town
    • Cars, trucks, bikes and AFVs
    • French Fancy 2
    • Arctic and Antarctic GB
    • High Wing GB
    • Less Than A Tenner 2
    • Double Deckers
    • None in this section
  2. 2. Please vote for your favoured groupbuilds here. A maximum of nine votes per person please.

• Shimmer, Shine, Digital and Splinter
    • Bristol Aeroplane Company
    • Africa GB
    • A Kit You Didn't Build As A Kid
    • Racers: classic, current, and Show-offs of all kinds !
    • ANZAC GB
    • V Force GB
    • Unarmed GB
    • Blitzkrieg GB
    • Intermarium GB
    • Nordic II GB – Ragnar’s European Tour 2021
    • BeNeLux GB
    • Gliders and Tugs
    • None in this section

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/20 at 23:59

And we're almost there!  :bounce:

Another couple of weeks and we start the annual bunfight,  There are currently 24 GBs vying for 9 slots, so this one is going to be brutal.

The poll has the list of all eligible GBs in no particular order. 

Can I ask all potential hosts to periuse the list and see if anything is missing.  Equally so, have a look to see if some GBs are similar and could be amalgamated.    Numbers 8 and 24 seem like a good choice.  It would improve the chances of the resulting mega-GB.

Equally so, if theye is an eligible GBN that I have missed, give me a shout and I'll get it into the poll.

The poll will open at 0001 on Sunday 1 November and will close at 2359 on Monday 30 November.   As there are nine GB slots available, you will be able to place nine votes each.  You don't have to use them all, however. 

Although the poll is currently locked, this thread isn't, so have at it!  :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I have a suggestion for the BAC, NAA, Republic etc. peoposals: Amalgamate them to a mega GB of "They don't build them anymore' featuring airplanes from companues which no longer exist or are no longer in the aircraft production business. How about that?

• Like 1

Oh and the annual Bumfight graphs will make the annual appearance as well!!!  :yahoo:

Looking at the list (which WILL include the Nordic II GB!!!!! :fight:), it's going to be very interesting. As Enzo mentioned, with some of them I'd try to team up with another similar type/subject of build to improve your/it's chances. Else I can see some real carnage occurring this year....every GB for itself!

Plus don't forget the bad Joke, @Hockeyboy76 you should lead the charge here, think there'll be plenty of other to help drag the standards down even lower that we got last year!   :thumbsup:   Have got the ammo locker primed already.:D

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

What a list! Is there an easy way to look up what each GB actually means? I mean, French Fancy and Unarmed are fairly self-explanatory, Small Wars and Stranger in Town less so. Do I need to track down individual discussion threads?

Cheers

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

What a list! Is there an easy way to look up what each GB actually means? I mean, French Fancy and Unarmed are fairly self-explanatory, Small Wars and Stranger in Town less so. Do I need to track down individual discussion threads?

Cheers

Small wars are just that, small ones not big ones, so the two World Wars, Korea and Vietnam would be classed as big wars, arguably you could say any war that could justify its own GB should also be classed as a big war such as the Falklands or the Gulf War.  So for me, with my area of interest, the French post-war campaign in North Africa would be a small war, not that it felt like it to those involved.

Stranger in Town is a GB for foreign equipment in British service, so things like the Phantom or the Chinook in RAF service would be eligible for that GB.

It may help if there was a short description of what the GB is for may be useful.

Now as the French Fancy 2 has 69 signed up, I'm hoping we get at least 69 votes in the bunfight, just sayin' right...:fight:

I can see nine there which float my boat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Africa was there already, it's on both lists now!

I like @Anatol Pigwa's suggestion of  combining the defunct manufacturers.

Perhaps Boeing and Douglas/McDonnell Douglas could be merged? Given the historic rivalry, not to mention the eventual real-life merger, it could be a Boeing vs McDonnell Douglas GB. And would clear up any uncertainty about which GB to build a C-17, F-15, F-18 or MD95/717 in! @vppelt68 and @Rabbit Leader what do you think?

High Wings and Double Deckers look like good candidates to merge too. It would look a bit odd if the calendar ended up with two GBs for things with high wings and things with two pairs of wings. @CliffB and @Heather Kay what do you think?

If these were merged I'd vote for all of them.

I like the suggestion of a short description of each GB, it will help to work out what to vote for. For some it might already be there in the first post of the GB thread, but as it sometimes evolves as people suggest changes it can need a bit of digging to work out how the scope of the GB ends up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, zebra said:

It would look a bit odd if the calendar ended up with two GBs for things with high wings and things with two pairs of wings. @CliffB and @Heather Kay what do you think?

It's generally the rigging that most seem to find a problem, so my idea was to encourage people to have a go. Monoplanes generally don’t have much string holding them together - well, once you get past about 1920 anyway. :wink:

• Like 1

My personal feeling is to save the mergers for the ones that don't make it this year, to give them a better chance next year since they carryover for a year.  The drawback to combining topics...is sometimes then the topics become so broad that they lose some of the GB character...and it just feels more like a free-for-all.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anatol Pigwa said:

I have a suggestion for the BAC, NAA, Republic etc. peoposals: Amalgamate them to a mega GB of "They don't build them anymore' featuring airplanes from companues which no longer exist or are no longer in the aircraft production business. How about that?

16 minutes ago, zebra said:

I like @Anatol Pigwa's suggestion of  combining the defunct manufacturers.

Hello guys its been discussed in P/M before and was left to be thought about. Ive nudged all involved with another P/M to see if there is still a possibility or not ? 

Dennis

4 hours ago, Wez said:

It may help if there was a short description of what the GB is for may be useful.

I certainly agree - would stop me entering a bus in the double deckers GB and Monty Pythons Black Knight in the unarmed GB

• Haha 8

18 minutes ago, helios16v said:

My personal feeling is to save the mergers for the ones that don't make it this year, to give them a better chance next year since they carryover for a year.  The drawback to combining topics...is sometimes then the topics become so broad that they lose some of the GB character...and it just feels more like a free-for-all.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with @helios16v, but obviously if 2 or more GB hosts would decide to combine their suggested GB's, then by all means. 

haha the list is wrong again........ Enzo you need to start a spreadsheet....it's your best friend! :D

I have to agree and admit some of the titles are a bit confusing? :blink: 

Africa GB....first thing that comes to mind is endless playing of Toto!!! And Small Wars Take 2, great battles in history done with Lego!  :D

I can see this bumfight is going to be a lot of fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@trickyrich,

“ I can see this bumfight is going to be a lot of fun!” @Col. hasn’t even started on the bums yet. 

Take the lead on bad jokes? I have no idea what your on about :fraidnot:

Have you heard about the new restaurant called Karma?

There’s no menu: You get what you deserve.

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello guys its been discussed in P/M before and was left to be thought about. Ive nudged all involved with another P/M to see if there is still a possibility or not ? 

Dennis

It's likely that the relevant GBs will be combined.  Jiust need to get all the hosts to sign off on it.

Then we need a name...

• Like 2