1/35 Thunder Models Scammell Pioneer & Tamiya 25 Pounder & Tractor

RichardW

Nice work there. Note that if you are doing it all shackled up and on the move the handles in the jack's would be stowed in the lockers as they are removable. Same goes for the rope guides on the ramps 😉

A

Hi,

Thanks, the plan is to have something on the back, kind of mid-pull so to have the ramps down and the jacks in use etc. I was going to improvise and make use of something I already have here, but seeing as this is taking while I'm switching and going to use the normal family exasperation around what I want for Christmas (who knows...) to ask for a 1/35 Matilda and potentially stick that on the back...

50 minutes ago, RichardW said:

Hi,

Thanks, the plan is to have something on the back, kind of mid-pull so to have the ramps down and the jacks in use etc. I was going to improvise and make use of something I already have here, but seeing as this is taking while I'm switching and going to use the normal family exasperation around what I want for Christmas (who knows...) to ask for a 1/35 Matilda and potentially stick that on the back...

That's OK with the jack's then. 

Ah the matilda on the back. A classic. If I were to do mine again it would be a tortoise slipping off, the axles collapsed on the trail and smoke coming from the bonnet 😁

A

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RichardW said:

Hmmm.... now there is a suggestion! That could look really good, the gun on those things was massive and it was a wide tank!

I'm going to think about that, it may be better than the Matilda...

Might be a bit unlikely in terms of dates and of course they would never try it in the first place. They did use an 80t trailer with 2 diamond T's in real life. Would be fun to build though 😉 add a squaddie scratching his head and a red face sergeant and your done 🤣

A

:) I like the suggestion even more... Squaddies and confusion!! I was never in the army but my Dad was for quite a long time. He had a simple mantra... 

- A good squaddie never looks back...

I got away with a lot quoting that back to him... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Blimey its nearly two months since I have updated this, which shows I guess that life gets in the way... Between Covid and and vaccine program there is no time for anything else! However, I managed a small amount of building and base priming the other night so hopefully I can get some time and the model mojo back!

Great inspiration to keep going on this site :) Thanks all for a bit of sanity!!!