Belgian-wings website down

Wondering if any of our Belgian members (or anyone else) know why this website, www.belgian-wings.be, a superb resource for Belgian Air Force subjects is down & perhaps even what is the likelihood of it coming back. I was looking for Belgian Harvard info & alas, all I get is a 403 Forbidden, Request forbidden by administrative rules.. I hate to think this was out for the count.

Steve.

I’d like to echo Steve's concerns. The site has been a valuable resource for me, and I’d hate to find it’s disappeared.

To be honest I’ve never heard of it, however now that I have I want to have a peak too! :sad:
Cheers.. Dave 

• Haha 1

Initially I was getting a 403 error, now I'm seeing a hosting company info page. I would guess the site is in the process of moving hosts

Cheers

Colin

• Like 1

I am the owner of the "Belgian-Wings" website. Unfortunately my hosting company had a server crash and can't put my site back on line.

I am looking for a solution for the moment, but this could take some time. It is a work of 20 years so I absolutely have to find a way to transfer it not only to another hosting company but also to another website program to edit it.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, danielbrackx said:

I am the owner of the "Belgian-Wings" website.

Daniel, thank you for explaining the situation. Thank you, also, for your dedication to the subject. I wish you the best of luck in finding a new hosting service, and only wish I could help in some way.

1 hour ago, danielbrackx said:

Fingers crossed.

Definitely. Hi Daniel, thanks for letting us know what this was all about. I have visited Belgian-Wings many times over the last few years. My uncle who was killed during WW2 is buried on the outskirts of Antwerp, I have been fortunate to visit him on several occasions & after the last time in 2014 my son & I visited the aircraft in the Miltitary Museums In Brussels. Wow, all those red/yellow/black markings, |I was in love. Belgium has become my adopted second home country & I have many kits to model her aircraft. Good luck in getting the website restored. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

Thank you, Daniel. I, too, have visited your site many times over the years, since I first discovered it at least 10 years ago, or more. 

I hope you get it sorted out. It's a valuable resource.

Chris

• Like 1

Daniel, I am ashamed to say that I have only become known of your website via this ‘Site down’ BM thread. Having a few Belgium modelling subjects in mind as well, I too wish you the best of luck finding another website program. When this happens, please let us all know here. 

Cheers and regards.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Still showing a 404 page for me. Do you have a URL that’s different to the old one?

Ah, ignore me. I just need to update my bookmark!