Italeri "Reichstag"...

Andre B

• Andre B changed the title to Italeri "Reichstag"...

Blimey! It actually is a 1/72 Reichstag. That's pretty impressive. I was half expecting a selection of 1/72 figures and armour and a mini Reichstag, a'la the Stonehenge in Spinal Tap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I've been waiting for this for a while. Anyone know what's in it apart from mdf reichstag? Some model shops have it listed with a tiger and 88mm gun and t34 and is2 plus soldiers. Others have a t34, 88mm and the soldiers. Will there be two versions, I wonder. Or an expansion pack. 

21 hours ago, mps02 said:

I've been waiting for this for a while. Anyone know what's in it apart from mdf reichstag? Some model shops have it listed with a tiger and 88mm gun and t34 and is2 plus soldiers. Others have a t34, 88mm and the soldiers. Will there be two versions, I wonder. Or an expansion pack. 

A useful expansion pack would be some extra bits of the building between the portico and the end towers. Then you could extend it to more or less its true width. 

But for a Reichstag-Lite it's not bad.

On 10/17/2020 at 6:25 PM, IanC said:

A useful expansion pack would be some extra bits of the building between the portico and the end towers. Then you could extend it to more or less its true width. 

But for a Reichstag-Lite it's not bad.

Buy two sets to get the proper width...😉

View on Reyhstag 02.05.1945:

Reyhstag_Berlin_1945_author-V_Temin.jpg

Resource photo:
https://waralbum.ru/366467/

View on Reyhstag after end of the war:
Ruins-of-the-Reichstag-building.jpg

Resource photo:

https://waralbum.ru/179281/

View Italeri Reyhstag:

fronte-con-misure_reichstag.jpg

Who will find the most differences?

😉😁😁

Repeat for best compared:

Reyhstag_Berlin_1945_author-V_Temin.jpg

fronte-con-misure_reichstag.jpg

Therefore, as for me, this is a very basic model for such a diorama.  Creating a more detailed diorama will require a lot of extraordinary skill from the modeler.

The most difficult thing in creating a more detailed diorama, in my opinion, will be the creation of sculptures on the building, which is practically impossible for an ordinary modeler to do.  Of course, such sculptures can be made by aftermarket manufacturers, but in this case, for a modeler, such a model will be at the price of a real Reichstag! 😁

Nevertheless, it is likely (depending on the economic situation) that this diorama will definitely find its buyers in the post-Soviet space, as I think.

B.R.

Serge