Focke wulf 56

Greg Law

Looks very familiar Greg and it would appear your upper cockpit section has gone on better than mine. I've been playing Heinkel 112 of late, although will give my Fw 56 a bit more love soon. Nice progress so far. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Dave,

Maybe, but it still required sanding and I have since removed the cockpit door which resolved the small gap I had on that side. 

It will be placed in the open position.

This is my latest progress. The is a little touch up to do. This is the easy parts done. The hard part is putting on the wing.

I think I will put the decals on first, so I don't knock the wing off while doing the decals.

Focke Wulf 56 Stosser image 4

• Like 5

That's coming up really well Greg and I do think painting and decalling prior to final assembly is the way to go on this kit.

I'd also be inclined to add the wheel spats (less wheels) prior to final assembly too. Mine will be in an overall silver finish, so I think I'll be taking the easy option on my one. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Guys and Heather.  Don't get too excited yet. The hard part it to come. Some of those struts are rather fine. Mind you the plastic is quite strong, so I might get away with it. Time will tell.

Heather there is a 1/48 scale version of this plane that has a 1940 scheme in it. I know you don't build in that scale, but you could use the instructions which are on the net to do a 1/72 version of it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Heather there is a 1/48 scale version of this plane that has a 1940 scheme in it. I know you don't build in that scale, but you could use the instructions which are on the net to do a 1/72 version of it.

D'oh! Just when I thought the end of my Western European collection was in sight! :laugh:

Latest progress. Decals are on. I have used some old swastika's which aren't the best. The Heller decals are just ok. You need to be a little careful when using them. Mind you for their age they are not too bad. 

Focke Wulf 56 Stosser image 5

• Like 3

Looking really splendid Greg. The Cockpit cutaway is a nice alteration and she looks good sitting up on those legs. Should be in the GB Gallery in no time. 

Cheers.. Dave 

That’s a shame Greg, must have missed those earlier photos, she’s looking really good from what I can see. Looking forward to the resumption and final completion. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Gallery photos Greg, that’s turned out very well for what is not exactly an easy kit to assemble. Nice touch with the opening cockpit door and the camo colours are spot on. Not sure my kit will end up the perfect specimen, however I’ll do my best to finish it off as well as I can. 
Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Thanks 1