Returning to the hobby

DeepSea

Hi all,

My name is David and I'm returning to the hobby after several years away.

My interests are pretty mixed and often come down to whether or not a kit is interesting or not!

Looking forward to learning and being inspired on here.

• Like 1

David I am so sorry, I started reading your thread and immediately thought of social gathering discussing addiction. Hi , I am Keith and you will find me knocking about here quite a lot. Welcome to our world.

Keith

• Haha 1

I read that as someone would who would stand up and make a declaration at an alcoholics anonymous meeting :)

Not inappropriate to be honest - most of us are addicted to a greater or lesser extent.

Well, you have heard of plastic  surgery and you have heard of therapy. Combine the two and you get the perfect cure for excessive model kit building, plastic therapy.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Eric Mc said:

Well, you have heard of plastic  surgery and you have heard of therapy. Combine the two and you get the perfect cure for excessive model kit building, plastic therapy.

The only problem is that we seem to have added together the costs of plastic surgery and therapy for what this costs!

3 hours ago, Britman said:

David I am so sorry, I started reading your thread and immediately thought of social gathering discussing addiction. Hi , I am Keith and you will find me knocking about here quite a lot. Welcome to our world.

Keith

Reading it back it does sound remarkably like that - I guess it could turn out to be not too far from the truth!

On 17/10/2020 at 03:18, dogsbody said:

Greetings from Western Canada. Welcome aboard!

Chris

On 17/10/2020 at 02:56, Tojo72 said:

There are lotsa returning modelers,welcome aboard

On 17/10/2020 at 01:52, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello David... :post1: from the windy city of Chicago. I mostly build WW2 and Cold-war aircraft with some foray’s into other subjects.

Dennis 

53 minutes ago, Stephen W said:

Welcome David

Plenty here to get inspired by!

Thanks all!

When I have managed to sort out a proper workbench space I'll try and post some pictures up of what I'm working on!

• Like 1