Buy & Sell

Hi 

I joined the site on the 7th Aug 20.  I have been looking on the buy & sell and seen that you cannot post anything until you have 100 posts or more for fraud reasons (totally understand).

I just wanted to know if the amount of posts you have made shows in your profile as content count, in my case 39? I also see community reputation 151.

Due to circumstances unfortunately Im not able to get on the site as much as I would love to.

I did ask a question a few weeks ago (not modelling related) but never received an answer.  Will I get a notification of a reply or do I need to look elsewhere for it?

I look forward to your reply. Absolutely love the site, when I can, still struggling a bit navigating it though :sad:

Many thanks

Kind regards

Si

2 hours ago, Simon Dyer said:

I did ask a question a few weeks ago (not modelling related) but never received an answer.  Will I get a notification of a reply or do I need to look elsewhere for it?

Hello Simon.. If you haven't done it already, you might have to go into your profile and adjust settings to receive notifications. Whats your question, I may know an answer. At the very least I might know who to refer you to ? Please be patient, I will check back here every so often if I don't get a notification and will answer as soon as I can. 

Dennis

Your post count is now 40, and your Reputation is the number of likes/laughs etc. that you've received from other members.  There's no way around being a 100 post member to be able to use the Buy/Sell area I'm afraid.  You'll just have to make a bit of time to mooch about the site, getting to know people and involving yourself a little.  You can call it "me time" if anyone asks ;)

31 minutes ago, Mike said:

Your post count is now 40, and your Reputation is the number of likes/laughs etc. that you've received from other members.  There's no way around being a 100 post member to be able to use the Buy/Sell area I'm afraid.  You'll just have to make a bit of time to mooch about the site, getting to know people and involving yourself a little.  You can call it "me time" if anyone asks ;)

Thanks Mike. 

Just wanted to confirm if the content count was the figure I should be looking at,  I totally understand the 100 posts for buy & sell and didnt want to bypass it in anyway.  Im going to try and put an hour aside each day if I can to get to know the site better and interact with other members a bit more than I have already have. Ive sent some donor parts and a reference book to another member to help out so Im getting there (although Im not very tech savvy Im afraid with the PC)

Many thanks for coming back to me, much appreciated

Regards

Si

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Simon.. If you haven't done it already, you might have to go into your profile and adjust settings to receive notifications. Whats your question, I may know an answer. At the very least I might know who to refer you to ? Please be patient, I will check back here every so often if I don't get a notification and will answer as soon as I can. 

Dennis

Hi Dennis

Ive made a few adjustment to my profile and will see how it goes (not very tech savvy).

I have had the answer to my question thank you but I really appreciate you coming back to me.

Many thanks

Regards

Si

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon Dyer said:

Thanks Mike. 

Just wanted to confirm if the content count was the figure I should be looking at,  I totally understand the 100 posts for buy & sell and didnt want to bypass it in anyway.  Im going to try and put an hour aside each day if I can to get to know the site better and interact with other members a bit more than I have already have. Ive sent some donor parts and a reference book to another member to help out so Im getting there (although Im not very tech savvy Im afraid with the PC)

Many thanks for coming back to me, much appreciated

Regards

Si

Sounds like a plan.  And you're up to 42 now! :yahoo:

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to Jump on this one but is the Buy and Sell still operational.

I can't see it on the Forum at all , I know my eyes are bad but they are not that bad!

I should say I click on the BNS option on the home page and it comes up not found.

Edited by George Norman

mmmm Strange Maybe I am Too dodgy Still!

I am Getting this: "We could not locate the item you are trying to view"

Looking to move quite a number of kits as I am not doing whole lot these days and moved over to RC and Railway plus the loft if full of built stuff and no more room!

@ management, Can you look into allowing me onto that section please if my settings have not been amended?

Edited by George Norman

George, I just looked at your profile and it says you are a restricted member. Yet with 200 posts you shouldn't be. 

It needs to be looked at by a MOD. It may not be your computer skills after all.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, George Norman said:

mmmm Strange Maybe I am Too dodgy Still!

I am Getting this: "We could not locate the item you are trying to view"

Looking to move quite a number of kits as I am not doing whole lot these days and moved over to RC and Railway plus the loft if full of built stuff and no more room!

@ management, Can you look into allowing me onto that section please if my settings have not been amended?

Sorry, 

Your access was removed after a number of occasions where you did not follow the simple rules required to use the for sale section and then after being asked to apply them, you informed the Mod team that you considered  that the rules were “absurd”.

• Like 2

Recently in section "wanted" I put some threads and they are removed (or moved?)- at least I cannot find them now. I do not understood what happened. I think I have "a bit" more posts then 100...

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

p.s.

Ok, I think I did multiple thread - so this is the sin...

Regards

j-W

Edited by JWM
added PS