Airfix Spitfire Mk.1a

19 hours ago, Andy Evans said:

OK, so I think it was because the photos were hosted on google photos, hopefully I've fixed the links now.

Yes indeed! 

Thanks for that, an excellent rendition of the Spitfire. Well done 👍

Cheers Greg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Lovely modelling Andy, & photography. The last shot with the prop tips visible is a cracker. :)

Steve.

Cheers Steve.

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Very impressive modelling and finish! Very well done! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks !

• Like 1

On 15/10/2020 at 18:56, Andy Evans said:

Had to close the shutter right down to get the depth of field which means killing the prop blur a bit. I'll figure it out one day !

That’s a lovely finish on this little spit. If I’m dropping the shutter speed but still want a more visible prop blur I reduce the rate it spins, it can take a few goes but normally helps give the result you want 

15 hours ago, GRK said:

That’s a lovely finish on this little spit. If I’m dropping the shutter speed but still want a more visible prop blur I reduce the rate it spins, it can take a few goes but normally helps give the result you want 

Yes, that is the obvious answer but a little tricky to pull off; not as easy as it sounds but I'll keep experimenting.

6 hours ago, Yes_Man said:

Lovely work there, I have one on my stash I've been meaning to get to once I can be bothered to fill the panel lines.

We have a 1:1 scale plastic model Spitfire at BDAC. The moulds were taken from a Mk IX. 

It is in 3 pieces, fuselage, and the wings. As it is on the ground it is easy for me to photograph...

The A/C will go on a pillar on the left side of Castle Road in Salisbury, just in front of the old Spitfire factory where all the first series Griffon Engined Spitfires were built. 

More about its build and arrival here..

https://www.salisburyjournal.co.uk/news/18633045.milestone-secret-spitfires-memorial-salisbury/

There are no distinct  pannel line to be seen once you get more than a few meters away.

Photos to follow.  

So yes, almost all of the panel lines need to go on any kit. 

But perversely, the pinked edge of the fabric on the elevators is clear to be seen! 

• 4 months later...