Typhoon F2. 29 Squadron 2005/6 RAF (1/48)

This is the the Revell kit. No real problems except for the cockpit glazing I think was for another aircraft, and construction was a bit hit and miss. But it might be me. They supply 3 fuel tanks but only markings for 2...hey ho. One of Revell's better kits.

Please feel free to comment etc.

Thanks for looking.

Dick

DPP_9000

DPP_9001

DPP_9002

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

great model!

the Revell Eurofighter is imho the best out there of course it could be improved!

I am not so sure about your bomb load... the GBU-24 is not really used on the Eurofighter, less so the RAF one!

Storm Shadows would be more suitable for your build from what Revell provides.

Alternativley Paveway IV or EPW-2 plus a targeting pod.

Brimstone is also possible now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, exdraken said:

great model!

the Revell Eurofighter is imho the best out there of course it could be improved!

I am not so sure about your bomb load... the GBU-24 is not really used on the Eurofighter, less so the RAF one!

Storm Shadows would be more suitable for your build from what Revell provides.

Alternativley Paveway IV or EPW-2 plus a targeting pod.

Brimstone is also possible now.

Modern fighters are not really in my comfort zone. Did try and find what should go on those pylons but the internet was not clear. 

We live and learn.

Thanks for your comments and help.

Dick 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jenko said:

Modern fighters are not really in my comfort zone. Did try and find what should go on those pylons but the internet was not clear. 

We live and learn.

Thanks for your comments and help.

Dick 

yeah, it is complicated... and then things also change over time....

if you want to read a bit on early Typhoon bombs:

https://www.flightglobal.com/pictures-typhoon-hits-the-spot-in-laser-bomb-drop/77538.article

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jenko said:

Just found the sprues with the Storm Shadows on so will be updating the model. ;)

Dick

only if you want a more realistic model!

if you are going to get nit-picky even more...you will notice that a F.2 could not carry them..... less so for markings of 2005.... (the F.2 and current Centurion FGR.4 look the same though save possible squadron markings and of course load out)

http://www.warfare.today/2019/01/11/project-centurion-ensures-future-of-raf-typhoons/

• Thanks 1

Ioh boy this look stunning, and looks fantastic with its load too.  Such a cracking looking aircraft and model.  Great work,  I have one too which is awaiting its seat then I can call finished.  May be I will finish now after seeing this.

Thanks for sharing. 

Chris

42 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Ioh boy this look stunning, and looks fantastic with its load too.  Such a cracking looking aircraft and model.  Great work,  I have one too which is awaiting its seat then I can call finished.  May be I will finish now after seeing this.

Thanks for sharing. 

Chris

Looks like she's been bullied up for an air show static park slot or an AOC's inspection; very smart!👍👍

• Like 1

Looks great, I've made two of these in the past and have their Bronze Tiger Luftwaffe one in the stash. I think it's a pretty good kit with the exception of the intake engineering.