Quickboost P 47D seat

Starfighter

Hi guys,

Just collecting " Extras " for a forthcoming build of the Tamiya 1/48 P - 47D "Razorback " and I have a quick query regarding the resin seat which is available. It looks very good, with the harness moulded in, which I prefer as it's less fiddly than PE seat straps , but can anyone tell me if it fits the Tamiya kit ?

I presume it will, but no point buying it if it doesn't . Any help would be much appreciated. :cheers:

On 10/15/2020 at 12:19 PM, Lawzer said:

Can’t see any reason why not. Looking at the instructions the kit part fits onto a frame so you should be fine.

Thanks for that, Lawzer. However, I've just bought  the Eduard " Zoom " instrument panel, and it has PE seat straps included, which are pretty easy to fit, so I'll not bother with the Quickboost seat, although it does look rather nice ! :cheers:

I used an Ultracast resin seat (with harness) when I built the Tamiya Birdcage some years ago. It comes with the frame attached, so that kit part isn't needed. However, Ultracast has the shoulder harness straps going over the top of the frame, while all the photographs I've found show them going over the back of the seat, the way the Quickboost seat has them. I wonder if Ultracast just got it wrong or if there are documented examples of that configuration.