A 1/24 resin kit, Ferrari 375MM

My latest completion,twice the size of my normal 43rds...It's an MG Models Ferrari 375MM Berlinetta,a curbside resin,quite a solid thing.

I think anybody could recognise this red car as a Ferrari! It's anothe car that was raced by a certain Mike Hawthorn,he did drive a lot of different cars in his time. This car won the Spa 24 hrs.race in 1953,that race is another one that has been going for a few years now. Chris.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

While I was looking for pictures of the real car,I found this ad for the same built MG kit as mine,it's very cheap! See below.

spacer.png

• Like 7

A new one to me, even though I'd recognise it as a ferrari at once, as you said. I'm a bit hazy on Mike Hawthorne career, some more homework required I think. :)

That looks really nice & has that point of uniqueness about it, so stands out on every level. 👍

Steve.

• Like 1

That looks good, I don't know if it would have benefited from a dark wash around the bonnet, doors and boot? But the paint, details, decals and wheels are all superb.  Those little bonnet pins and things must have been a challenge to fit without getting glue everywhere!

I think your model looks better than the one being advertised to $500.

I've got a resin FPM Ferrari kit in my stash, but I've never done a resin kit so I'm a bit scared to have a go at it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments,all positive so far! John,not sure about panel lines as I'm used to 1/43 and they can look too much.i did run black paint into the vents dotted about though. My nightmare is the windows,they are flat vacform and you glue the photo etch frames to the vacform,then bend and glue to the body with no glue or goo showing..And getting them to stick,that's as long as they fit the gap accurately too. If your FPM kit is a roadcar,they will be the same..........the model in the advert is too dark for a 50's Ferrari methinks. Chris.

• Like 1

I don't envy the task(s) of getting the vacuform cuts correct, adding etch, and then shaping and installing in the car.  Seems like an unpleasant collection of opportunities mess up a build! And yet, yours looks great!  Cheers - Nick 

• Like 1

Very nice build, I do like that!

5 hours ago, johnlambert said:

but I've never done a resin kit so I'm a bit scared to have a go at it.

I've built a few (and 1/24 white metal ones) John and tbh they're often easier than plastic kits having fewer parts - they often have no suspension components for example. As has been mentioned the trickiest bits are often the windows, but with care they're usually ok.

Very nice Ferrari Chris.  👍

Keith

• Thanks 1

Nice job Chris.

Those types of windows are my least favourite, there're horribly popular with some of the 43rd manufacturers though.

I've got some photos of a similar 375MM in 43rd by C.A.R, I'll need to dig them out and post them.

Cheers - Rab.

• Like 1