Hurricane P3522 - GZ-V - Biggin Hill, August 1940 – with motorised prop - B&W photos added at the end of Post#1

On 02/05/2021 at 22:14, Carius said:

Superb execution, a precious work indeed.

Great pics too.

TC

Cesar

Hi Cesar. I hope you are keeping well and thank you very much for your kind comments.

Kind regards,

Stix

2 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

That is really brilliant!

Cheers

Andy 

Hi Andy. I hope you are well and thank you very much for your comment.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BerndM said:

Excellent work.

A perfect paint job with a convincing and subtle weathering...and a turning prop :clap2::thumbsup:👍

Hi Bernd. I hope you are well. Thank you very much for your very kind comments.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 05/05/2021 at 18:47, bigbadbadge said:

Those additional black and white pics look fantastic.  Very atmospheric indeed.

Great job. Wonderful model 

Chris

Hi Chris. Hope you are keeping well. Thank you very much for your generous comments.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Somehow this RFI got revived and I'm glad it did.  Just a wonderful Hurricane and done even more impressive with the motorized prop.  Is it just me or does a Hurricane with the canopy open look faster than with the canopy closed?  Wonderfully built and executed kit.  Thanks for sharing again.

• 2 months later...

Wow, that's one nice Hurricane. I have a MkI from Airfix in the making and those markings, I first spotted them in the Winglader book, are just what I want. My kit is the Sea Hurricane IB, only one I could get here. Does anyone know if Airfix sells the decals seperately? Or is there an after market sheet available?

I very much like your interpretation of the "sky" underside that here looks very greenish. I started paining mine already...in "Eau de Nil" color.

thanks a lot

Uwe

On 31/08/2023 at 09:07, senux said:

Superb! 👏

On 31/08/2023 at 18:05, georgeusa said:

Somehow this RFI got revived and I'm glad it did.  Just a wonderful Hurricane and done even more impressive with the motorized prop.  Is it just me or does a Hurricane with the canopy open look faster than with the canopy closed?  Wonderfully built and executed kit.  Thanks for sharing again.

11 hours ago, anj4de said:

Wow, that's one nice Hurricane. I have a MkI from Airfix in the making and those markings, I first spotted them in the Winglader book, are just what I want. My kit is the Sea Hurricane IB, only one I could get here. Does anyone know if Airfix sells the decals seperately? Or is there an after market sheet available?

I very much like your interpretation of the "sky" underside that here looks very greenish. I started paining mine already...in "Eau de Nil" color.

thanks a lot

Uwe

Hi @senux, @georgeusa & @anj4de. Thank you very much for your kind comments and - senux and George - I am sorry it's taken me a while to notice this thread being re-booted!!

George - now you mention the canopy, I can see what you mean! Odd.

Uwe - I'm not sure about the decals, but I'm sure one of the fine modellers on Britmodeller will be able to help. With regards the colour on the undersides - I only really have the acrylic version of Humbrol 90 - Beige Green (aka Sky) in stock, so it tends to be the one I use for all those aircraft requiring this colour on the undersides........so I can't claim it as interpretation.....just the colour I have!

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Stix

12 hours ago, anj4de said:

Does anyone know if Airfix sells the decals seperately?

No. But they were in the boxing @PlaStix used, and, as GZ-B, with correct code placement, in the starboard side, GZ-B,  NOT B-GZ,  as many profiles show,  in several boxings of Airfix old tool 1/48 Hurricane.

GZ-V was also in some Hasegawa Mk.I boxings and a 32 sq plane was also on an Xtradecal sheet, one if two they did for the 75th anniversary.

So, they ate out there.

12 hours ago, anj4de said:

Or is there an after market sheet available?

I very much like your interpretation of the "sky" underside that here looks very greenish. I started paining mine already...in "Eau de Nil"

Apparently 32 sq and 610 sq, who shared a base at the time, used a pale blue. 610 flew Spitfires coded DW, 

See the pdf here

https://fundekals.net/product/spitfires-part-1/

I don't the origin of this info, and personally I'm inclined that odd 'Sky' colours are more down to field mixes than random paint.

See the page in the Wingleader Hurricane book on this for more.

HTH 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1