1/48 Monogram F-4C

Hello All,

Thought I'd post some pictures of my completed 1/48 Monogram F-4C. This kit dates back I think to 1979, this is the most recent Revell boxing. It looks every bit the Phantom to me.

I did not do much to it at all really...but being an older kit that brings it's own challenges. The paint I used is Tamiya acrylic as a primer as it adheres very well

to washed plastic and the the colors are Vallejo Vietnam set. I really like this combination of paints. The gloss coat is Pledge (formerly Future) and the Matt is Vallejo.

The exhaust area is Vallejo metallic which look really good over a Tamiya gloss black. The decals are Furball Gunfighter Phantoms Part 2. They worked great as did the

kit decals. In any case I hope you enjoy the pictures. Any comments or questions are appreciated.

All the Best!

Don

rBX000Q.jpg

Fnz7E0E.jpg

tCQHnRC.jpg

GqGkUbD.jpg

hYB8rAa.jpg

2W068YT.jpg

JMNOBbi.jpg

Kp9tcSi.jpg

REH44Pp.jpg

4hnmxF8.jpg

M6ObYlb.jpg

JYlpDpn.jpg

• Like 30

Good work! I am building the same kit at the moment, and I think you did very well with the intakes, which caused me a headache really.. Lots of seams, filling and sanding in my case. And I agree, shapewise, the Monogram kit is very good!

Kind regards,

Gerben

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 10:53 AM, Adam Poultney said:

Great work! Quite a big model it seems as well, I like it!

Adam,

Thank you! The Phantom is a big airplane and in 1/48 is a good chunk of my table. But it sure is impressive when done. 

On 10/14/2020 at 1:16 PM, exdraken said:

Great work!

The kit is still nice! And shape-wise even good!

22 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Nice work Don, the colours look spot on as well.

That is the Vallejo Vietnam Colors...I thought they looked great too...and of course went on perfectly.

On 10/14/2020 at 10:23 AM, GREG DESTEC said:

Cracking Phantom 👍

I have the exact same kit, so I'm pleased to see it looks so good in the flesh. Any issues during the build I should look out for? 

Cheers Greg

Greg,

Well a couple of things. The cockpit sits too low on the tabs in the fuselage and the spine needed some putty . Other than that it is a really good fitting for being from '79. 

• Thanks 1

Wow!   Those molds were designed 4 decades ago.  In your hands, the finish looks very good.

{My completely unbiased opinion. In full transparency, I've built at least 3 1/48 Monogram F-4Js that were based on those molds AND I'm a big Phantom Phan.}