Heller North American AT-6 in Belgian colours, Belgian Congo 1960.

stevehnz

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement, kind comments & likes, both here & in the gallery, its the reward for the frustration & very heartening. Also a big vote of thanks to @Wez@Rabbit Leader@Heather Kay@JeroenS and @JOCKNEY  for running a brilliant GB, the variety & commitment on display here has left me well humbled. :)

Steve.

• Like 4

Hello Steve. I didn't notice until now you were building a Belgian bird, so I hope you'll forgive the lack of support..

You did great and that with an old kit. I see nothing to pick holes in the final result.

Cheers.

Pat

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Hi Pat, thanks for that & sorry I missed it till now, it is appreciated, like the rest , it makes the frustrations melt away. :)

Steve.

It's always a pleasure to look at your builds. Frustrations come with the hobby, or so it seems. I just put Eduard's 1/72 Hellcat back on the bench for some touch up before clear coat and decals. This little gem was a real joy to build but .... yes, there is a but .... after 4 MONTHS the paint still isn't fully cured ... I now made a handful of fingerprints on it , aargh!

Edited by PattheCat
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Heck, & I thought I had hassles with the Harvard. What paints were you using?

Steve.

Gunze Aqueous thinned with Tamiya X20A, airbrush pressure set at 18 psi, just as usual. There was already something strange a little time after spraying, as some areas were glossy and others nearly flat (gloss/semi-gloss colours). The fingerprints are quite light so I hope to have them removed by a polishing with very fine sanding cloth. I did some trials on a dummy with Gunze proprietary thinner and self made thinners  (70% IPA or Ethylic alcohol and 30% water). Paint completely dry and tough after 2 to 3 days. So I think it has something to do with getting to the bottom of the Tamiya X20A bottle, Maybe it's too old or the retarder accumulated at the bottom. A new one is on the way.

• Like 1