BERGEPANTHER Ausf. A by DEMAG - Full Interior

Redcoat2966

On 11/10/2020 at 5:21 PM, AaronKSJ said:

That interior has been beautifully painted and weathered. 

The zimmerit is looking pretty sharp too.  (I'm going to have to stop making excuses and give it a go myself one day...) 

Cheers Aaron, appreciate that.....shame I'm loosing as much as I am now buttoned up......and as regards the Zim', I have to confess I'm cheating a bit....it's an Atak set. Some of the chap's in the build are doing there's from scratch...and as you say I'll have to give that a go myself one day. But with the build deadline :waiting: and my history of taking an eon to finish anything.....it'll have to be on another build.......one day :whistle:

Thanks again mate....:yes:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Peter Roberts said:

That looks sensational Simon, amazing work there on the interior. Love all that detail.

Thanks Peter :yes:.....it's been a gruelling build with that sub component building and painting along the way, but coming together.

Thanks again....

Regards

Simon

7 hours ago, Longbow said:

It’s looking great, Simon !!

Do we know what the “best” after market Zimmerit is ?

Hi Lee.

I for now go with the ATAK range. Really easy to apply with the grab glue I use anyway. Very easy also to inflict your battle damage, which PE Zim' doesn't really lend itself to.

Regards

Simon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 15/11/2020 at 21:15, Redcoat2966 said:

I for now go with the ATAK range. Really easy to apply with the grab glue I use anyway. Very easy also to inflict your battle damage, which PE Zim' doesn't really lend itself to.

I have 3 sets of Atak zim, King Tiger, Hunting Tiger and Elephant.  One day..... one day.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 8:15 AM, Redcoat2966 said:

Hi Lee.

Regards

Simon.

Hey Simon, what grab glue do you use for the Atak zim?

30 minutes ago, Peter Roberts said:

Hey Simon, what grab glue do you use for the Atak zim?

Hi Peter.

Try this link to an earlier post. Works great and gives plenty of time to position exactly where you need the Zim' to be. The only thing needed to clean up is white spirit.....just don't flood it though, that can solidify the glue and weaken it......I find a dampened cotton bud. The other plus is that if you just clean the edges lightly, you get a tapered edge.....much more realistic than PE Zin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon all.......flying visit to pop up some project status pics......:D...grinding on, starting to plan some exterior colour at last. Pretty much all exterior detail done, except a couple of racks on the upper wood superstructure. Exhaust's are separate to paint off main hull. Have to shoot, maybe try and catch up on threads this weekend or later in the week.....

cheers....:yes:

EoW583L.jpg

zjwlqFu.jpg

• Like 15

Absolutely stunning mate  :gobsmacked:.....i think i might have to tackle one of these soon, you really are making this a true show stopper ..... think i might have to up my game to come close to this .....really really beautiful  :goodjob:

• Thanks 1

Hi Simon, as has just been said, wow!

This look tremendous, often feel if something looks this good unpainted it's going to be a showstopper. 

Looking forward to seeing some paint on this masterpiece. 

Cheers

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Peter Roberts said:

We need a jaw dropping emoji! That is spectacular.

6 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Absolutely stunning mate  :gobsmacked:.....i think i might have to tackle one of these soon, you really are making this a true show stopper ..... think i might have to up my game to come close to this .....really really beautiful  :goodjob:

5 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Simon, as has just been said, wow!

This look tremendous, often feel if something looks this good unpainted it's going to be a showstopper. 

Looking forward to seeing some paint on this masterpiece. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

Wonderfuly detailed build !!

You're going to need to have it pulling something :D

Cheers to you all for those comments......somehow make's the slogging match on this one worth it somewhat. I've had a few up's and down's on it.....I lost a part for the machine gun set up on the front....that pee'd me off a little. The hinges for the side drop downs were a sod to do.....and when I figured out the issue it was too late to fix. You couldn't fully lift up the sides vertical without popping the hinge off......won't make that mistake again. The one issue if anyone does go through with an Atak Zim version of this kit........fit the Zim', BUT then review all details to follow that require attachment to the hull. It's hard to do once you start adding bits and bob's, as Atak's Zim' does not make allowance for all.

If you do go for one Steve........feel free to ask anything on the build and I might be able to preempt an issue.

Well, the next slogging match with be painting.......tough one to mask etc....but have a painting plan ready.

Many thanks again chaps........and sorry for not being able to keep up with the threads. I'll sit down over the weekend to review all the builds.

Cheers all....:yes:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2020 at 5:48 AM, M3talpig said:

Cheers Steve......I think if you did a full internal as well as all the additional external detailing you do as on the Ursula, it'll be a very, very long project...:D...but worth it.

I'll get some time to look through all the builds on Sunday....thanks again..:yes:

On 11/24/2020 at 11:13 AM, Longbow said:

Wonderfuly detailed build !!

You're going to need to have it pulling something :D

Cheers Lee.......I was thinking about doing something as after this I'm taking a long break from starting.....or even finishing the back log to move to some dioramas for general display....so might develop one. I was going to have the additional shell's for the Sturmtiger in the upper superstructure......as though it was resupplying....have to see.

Thanks again....:yes: 

3 hours ago, junco said:

Looking great, Simon, annoying that Tier 3 has messed up our chance to see it in the pub soon!!!

Neil

Cheers Neil........and Yeah, I know; heard that yesterday.........bummer..:(.....I hope to have it done by the next meet, as this rate as well as the other 10 waiting to be finished....hopefully not that long......see you on Skype soon :yes:

Here's where she stands at present. Started doing primer which a Vallejo Primer JIA Parched Grass, 

ImiFC2N.jpg

then some pre-shading with some drops of black. I forgot to do the red primer in the vision posrt so there a slight over spray, which should disappear with the follow on Dunkelgelb layers.

kwjFszi.jpg

It's going be difficult to paint the the upper superstructure off hull....so will do whats under the floor boards first then attach and paint as a whole using the floorboards to cover the winch. Might get that done over the weekend.

Cheers all agin for the big thumbs up.

Simon.

• Like 10

Right.....my Sunday afternoon with a cuppa catch up on the GB, while cooking Sunday dinner......"where's me pinny"....:shrug:

Anyway.....

On 11/28/2020 at 11:11 AM, M3talpig said:

Simon what etch kit did you use and who did you get it from? thanks bud ...link if you can ....just bought the G with full interior.........your fault :D

HI Steve.......to my knowledge there's only a few of the PE set's out there and I think they are all Voyager. I tend to go for this brand more and more now.....I got this set of Ebay when I got the main kit.

http://www.voyagermodel.com/productdetails.asp?itemid=PE35979

It doesn't come with the skirts or the 20mm cannon shield and barrel parts....they are separate, but I couldn't find anyone that stocked them. I got the main set of Ebay, and I think from China, not from a UK seller. There's these on Ebay at the moment......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-35-Bergepanther-Ausf-A-Early-Panther-A-holders-Detail-Set-for-Takom-2101/402495045849?hash=item5db69300d9:g:NeMAAOSwMalfiGJQ

Not a bad price, even with shipping from Oz.

Hope this helps.......:yes:

On 11/28/2020 at 12:08 PM, Ozzy said:

Looks fantastic Simon, the Bergepanther is probably the only one worth having a full interior with open top nature of the tank.

Cheers mate, appreciate that......:yes: as regards full internal, I agree Ozzy.......makes the effort worth it. I'd hesitate myself to do a full interior anything really, unless I could do a full cutaway like I've seen on the web etc.....or a destroyed vehicle, being able to make good use of internal parts.....have to see. I need to catch up and finish the many projects before that idea......:rolleyes:

On 11/28/2020 at 6:51 PM, Retired Bob said:

That's looking superb Simon, most impressive. :like:

Cheers Bob, thanks for that.........been a gruelling project, but nearly there...

I'm off to review all builds in the GB, but before.....here's this morning's efforts in the final colour. Started with a Dunkelgelb base, then the light and then some highlight.....I'm pondering on the final transparent top coat, whether warm it up or yellow it up.....still deciding. Sorry about the graininess, I reduce file size so no issues with opening......

vfvFDWC.jpg

The upper superstructure is dry fitted at present......easier to chip and weather off chassis.

Ieb1CKk.jpg

Here's a better view showing what you can see internally......

2lrqXFl.jpg

......and from the rear

j52yVdW.jpg

Off to catch up on the GB.....catch you all again soon.....:yes:

Simon.

• Like 8

As I said before, that is most impressive Simon.  The zimmerit looks perfect or to quote the late, great Eric Morecambe "you cannot see the join"  This will be so different to all the other Panthers in the GB, looking forward to it being finished. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

As I said before, that is most impressive Simon.  The zimmerit looks perfect or to quote the late, great Eric Morecambe "you cannot see the join"  This will be so different to all the other Panthers in the GB, looking forward to it being finished. :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Six97s said:

Amazing.  I'm going to go back and re-read the thread from the beginning.

Thanks both for that.........I have to say Bob, the grab glue make's applying and manoeuvring easy; and you can cut stuff away over the build for parts or battle damage. Something a lot harder if super glued.....hence PE Zim' isn't my choice.

I've been told though Bob that I can't post unless finished in the RFI GB....so better get my skates on. With that in mind, I took the opportunity to pop the last tinted layer on the main colour......a cream yellow. It looks quite bright, but I'm pre-empting the darkening with filters etc. Next some highlight detail work and the chains for the drop down side. They give you copper coloured, so might try and burnish it with the track's.......

VJg7PPk.jpg

• Like 7