BERGEPANTHER Ausf. A by DEMAG - Full Interior

Redcoat2966

On 10/31/2020 at 7:40 PM, Retired Bob said:

Well plans are meant to be changed. :idea:

I'm sure that someone with your talents will overcome the problem, Simon. :like:

Hi Bob, and yes mate; plans do change.........just a little disappointed in this kit as regards fit, especially the top part of the hull as I fitted the side wall perfectly vertical to floor level.....I'll figure something out.

On 11/1/2020 at 9:19 AM, Jasper dog said:

Of course he will, we have total faith in you Simon, just needed a little drama to up the tension, right?

I can do without anymore drama in my life mate....😝.......my disappointment is that I'll have a hell of a lot of masking when I spray the exterior to stop the overspray into the interior open sections. Would have been nice just to pop the top on once sprayed.....ah well....the big pick me up is the tracks I have.....got some R-Model with pins, that should make it a bit easier.

23 hours ago, Hamden said:

A lot of the interior of the Bergepanther can be seen on the completed model as the canvas cover ov er the driver/ radio operators/crew position in the open position and the wooden  boards over the winch can also be open together with the engine cover. The image in the link shows this to good affect.

http://www.modelmilitary.com/images/Gallery/berge/berge_c.jpg

Hope this is of some use/interest

Stay safe       Roger

Thanks Roger, and yes worth seeing......even with the open hatch's, there's a lot I've done that isn't seen......:huh:. The boards over the winch on the Takom are one piece, so that'll be some time cutting that up.....or....keep it as one piece so it can be taken out to view the winch. I think the Meng one has them as all separate parts.

Thanks for posting....:yes:

Cheers all

• Like 3

19 hours ago, exdraken said:

Oh wow!

Is it working as well? ;)

Looks like it does!

Thanks for that......unfortunately no. The cable ( an old security cable) is steel.....so wasn't easy to lace through the winch. It still has some spring to it....... I had to tack it with CA on main cogs and then had to wind the main reel and glue into position, while still keeping up the tension.....lots of swearing later it was done.:suicide:....should have stuck with the string you get in the kit.......:doh:

Thanks again....:yes:

15 hours ago, DAG058 said:

This looks like it'll be another cracker, you've got me for company from here on in! 

Cheers mate.....I'm hoping to do a lot next week with the new lockdown.......good excuse to stay at the bench....:thumbsup:

Thanks again both....

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Cheers mate.....I'm hoping to do a lot next week with the new lockdown.......good excuse to stay at the bench....:thumbsup:

Thanks again both....

So is the new lockdown "On"then ?

You guys are going to be hurting, if you aren't careful. 

4 hours ago, Longbow said:

So is the new lockdown "On"then ?

You guys are going to be hurting, if you aren't careful. 

Unfortunately It's what you have to do Lee when a small minority of idiots go their own way......I suppose it's the "me, me, me, society" now. The vast majority loose out.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Unfortunately It's what you have to do Lee when a small minority of idiots go their own way......I suppose it's the "me, me, me, society" now. The vast majority loose out.

Couldn't agree more, still wonder what planet some of these turkeys are on!

Spoke to an old boy last week (in the perfect age range of 80+ btw )that still believes it's all something and nothing and the virus has been around since the 60s.....

And don't get me going about gangs of feral school kids roaming the streets...

Well I'd better park the hobby horse...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Afternoon all.......how's things. Just a small update. Pottering with the final internal details before I button up the two sections of the hull. To fill some time, I got the tracks done.

I decided on these, my fave track system on the market at present. Opened the box at 12:15..........

K8IC2MW.jpg

....and voila, 1pm both sets done.......:thumbsup:

YgCmFqu.jpg

I'm going to burnish these along with, I think; 3 other sets awaiting fitting to other projects....

Hope to post some progress on the plastic later....all the best....:yes:

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Afternoon all.......how's things. Just a small update. Pottering with the final internal details before I button up the two sections of the hull. To fill some time, I got the tracks done.

Got a link for these Simon ?

1 hour ago, M3talpig said:

Got a link for these Simon ?

HI Steve.....I got these off Ebay for a song, along with a job lot of upgrades and Takom King Tiger from the same seller. I agree, they aren't cheap; but IMOA worth the cost in light of the ease of putting together. At present there aren't any UK seller's offering them, but here's direct it seems from China.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R-Model-35002K-1-35-Metal-Track-and-Metal-Pin-For-German-Tiger-1anaphase-type/264866118626?hash=item3dab403be2:g:r7EAAOSwb5xfYHwy

There's also AliExpress, a lot cheaper. There's quite a few on there. Buying on that site to date for me hasn't had any issue's in shipping on time, every time.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Longbow said:

Whar are these tracks

What they are is bloomin expensive........that said i think most of that price is actually postage....... and even if wasn't you could argue that the extra is the fact you get decent track pins already cut to size and with good detail...............................watch out Fruil the Chinese are coming. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, diases said:

They look good But:    Estimated between Tue. 5 Jan. and Mon. 1 Mar

4 month possible wait for a set of tracks?

really puts me off

Yeah that's not good is it Paul......... probably worth keeping an eye on companies like Wildcats, Historex and F.O.G as they tend to pick up on modelling trends pretty fast and start stocking these sort of items

• Like 2

7 hours ago, M3talpig said:

What they are is bloomin expensive........that said i think most of that price is actually postage....... and even if wasn't you could argue that the extra is the fact you get decent track pins already cut to size and with good detail...............................watch out Fruil the Chinese are coming. 

7 hours ago, diases said:

They look good But:    Estimated between Tue. 5 Jan. and Mon. 1 Mar

4 month possible wait for a set of tracks?

really puts me off

Paul

Hi Steve/Paul, yes IF you buy off Ebay....they charge a lot. When UK sellers have them, they charge even more. I just went on AliExpress to check, and they are £29 with free shipping for King Tiger tracks with pins. It say's 20-40 days to ship. When I've ordered resin figures (super cheap) for example, they usually take 3 weeks at most. So if you plan ahead, £29 for trouble free construction, with excellent bolts head detail as you say......is a good way to go IMOA.

• Like 4

....evening all. I thought I'd post what's going to be lost soon....when I button it up for good. I finally finished the interior detail, decal's and weathering....at last :bounce:

VdD3c2G.jpg

v8dopZ0.jpg

Here's some 3/4 views.........

NtBkX70.jpg

zJvLftI.jpg

I didn't go crazy on internal weathering as this is what she'll end up showing.........

jYOk6mc.jpg

2BAl3T9.jpg

Full day tomorrow, so may not get much more done until Sunday, when the lid goes on....all the best....:yes:

Regards

Simon.

• Like 19

On 11/5/2020 at 8:28 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I wish I could do tanks this well, your work is always impressive. :thumbsup:

On 11/6/2020 at 10:04 AM, Longbow said:

Pretty darned good there, Simon !!

Loving the build so far ;)

On 11/6/2020 at 4:40 PM, vytautas said:

Just amazing! Really looks very good, I don’t know what to say anymore 👍

Vytautas

On 11/6/2020 at 6:42 PM, M3talpig said:

Very very impressive Simon............Just beautiful :goodjob:

Sorry about the delay in replying.....I don't have the time as much to keep up with the forum as before.....but many thanks to you all for the high praise and positive comments........keeps me ploughing on...:yes:

Just had some time over the weekend to get the Zim' on the main hull and start the internal box housing details. I'm going to try and start the PE racks etc today if I can and will post later in the week.....here's where she stands at present.....

0mD2qkm.jpg

I still have some Zim' here and there to add, like the under front chassis and some small details on parts as they are added in the next steps.

4kJnGdc.jpg

Well....off to start the PE detail's......catch you all soon...

Regards

Simon.

• Like 17