BERGEPANTHER Ausf. A by DEMAG - Full Interior

Redcoat2966

Evening all.......intermediate update. It seems I'm trapped in a world of multiple sub component painting........got to be well over 50 at present. All have to be painted before final build of each item like engine, winch etc etc. I do have some good advice for anyone contemplating building one of these full interior Bergepanther's..........are we all listening gang......"DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, attach any of the subcomponent parts to the inner interior walls or sponsons"......that is if you intend to do the small internal Dunkelgelb section or the full version, as in the MIG painting suggestions. You would need to paint all the sub parts same time as the main hull sides.

As you can see here, I had to go for the smaller area Dunkelgelb. Masking this alone was a chore and half..........without the struts, final drive housing etc etc, etc it would have been a dream......so you have been advised. I'm going ahead will full red oxide interior with the small area in the forward crew compartment. The winch will be in Dunkelgelb.

qwpeIGy.jpg

Here's are the side walls with Zim' added 

ShdpMJ6.jpg

Finally one of the many sub components needed to be painted before installation.......the transmission.

5A1HC4B.jpg

I'll try and take a pic of the mountains of things on sticks awaiting primer or the next colour stage......cheers all

Simon.

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Longbow said:

Looking very nice !!

But this is why I don’t do interiors :D

Thanks Lee.....I'm with you on that, but only as applies to group builds with a time limit...:think:..I'm enjoying building it, just I'll choose better for the next group build...:coolio:

2 hours ago, M3talpig said:

Stunning just stunning...Simon you really are rather good at this aren't you....... :goodjob:

Thanks Steve :yes:.......as I said to Lee, better with no time limit, as there is a learning curve and time planning the painting sequence.......I think my Ausf D version I have in the stash will go a better......:winkgrin:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all, my apologies.......been tough to keep up with other blogs and also time on the GB Bergepanther. But here is the latest update.

Side walls are on. I have to say....if anyone is aiming on building one of these. The directions given are to attach all the torsion bars to both sides prior to attaching the side walls. Well....that 'aint gonna happen. The best I found was to attach the one side, with torsion bars (the left, with the one fuel tank), then attach the other wall....but prior to that, feed all the remaining torsion bars into place....attach the wall, then feed them into their location points last. Following the set method in the instructions is nigh on impossible....hat's off to anyone who did it.....but I can imagine the pain....:wacko:

I still have to build the lever that operates the winch, in between the transformer set up and levers in the bulk head.. Funny, the holes are there....but no parts in the kit...go figure.

HkuYioK.jpg

I havn't gone too crazy on weathering the interior, only really where visible. The last to do will be some chipping and scratch's.....both on the Dunkelgelb and the primer interior.

L6RVzI3.jpg

The rear wall is dry fitted, so no filter or weathering. Holding that off until the engine and the rest of the engine parts are in......that's next along with the main winch.

2fyW2S4.jpg

Anyway chap's.....hope all your builds are going well, and I'll try and catch up over the next couple of day's.....:yes:

• Like 16

20 hours ago, vytautas said:

Amazing job indeed! 👍

Vytautas

19 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Very impressive Simon, paintwork and weathering exemplary. 

Looking forward to seeing this completed already.

Atb

Darryl 

Cheers both  :yes:, it's a bit of a faff to build I have to say........but hope to be done by the deadline....I hope by Sunday to post an update of the main chassis complete.

Regards

Simon.

• Like 2

Evening all...just have time to post this weeks progress.......mainly concentrated on the winch. Took some doing I have to say to get the steel cable wound through the cogs and spool......but finally did it. Some of the engine area parts in also, fan's and intakes. Here's where she stands.....hope to be on ore over the weekend....nite all.

JKcUUAq.jpg

UD28Mfo.jpg

56tJ9Y8.jpg

• Like 16

Gosh that look good. The grubby patina on the winch body looks so realistic I want to go and take a rag and some T-cut to it, polish up a treat....

Outstanding as ever mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

It looks impressive though, even at this stage

20 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Aye, that is top quality. Really impressed at how this is coming along.

10 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

Looks great already 

4 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Gosh that look good. The grubby patina on the winch body looks so realistic I want to go and take a rag and some T-cut to it, polish up a treat....

Outstanding as ever mate.

3 hours ago, Longbow said:

Superb job, Simon !!

Thanks gents, really appreciate the comments........I'm trying t get the interior done this week if I can as I am looking forward to doing the exterior and the upper wooden housing with the PE. The interior has been a slog I have to say.....but, nearly there.......on to the engine :doh:

Simon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Retired Bob said:

That's looking very impressive, it's worth it if it can be seen when it's finished and if not, then we all know it's in there.  :winkgrin:

Cheers Bob, appreciate that.........and yes your right, 50% minimum isn't seen, and in light of that I've decided to omit the engine as I plan maybe a knocked out panther dio in the future with an open rear deck and burnt out engine etc........I should have made this decision before I placed all the fan units in, but 'eh what ya gonna do :doh:

The big issue I have at present is an ill fitting top hull, that is slightly wider than the lower chassis walls and sponsons, (that's gonna take some fiddling to fix).......... and resulting in having the attach the upper hull to be able to move on with PE......bummer.:swear:

Thanks again mate......:yes:

• Sad 3

20 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

I should have made this decision before I placed all the fan units in, but 'eh what ya gonna do :doh:

Well plans are meant to be changed. :idea:

25 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

The big issue I have at present is an ill fitting top hull, that is slightly wider than the lower chassis walls and sponsons, (that's gonna take some fiddling to fix).......... and resulting in having the attach the upper hull to be able to move on with PE......bummer.:swear:

I'm sure that someone with your talents will overcome the problem, Simon. :like:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Well plans are meant to be changed. :idea:

I'm sure that someone with your talents will overcome the problem, Simon. :like:

Of course he will, we have total faith in you Simon, just needed a little drama to up the tension, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of the interior of the Bergepanther can be seen on the completed model as the canvas cover ov er the driver/ radio operators/crew position in the open position and the wooden  boards over the winch can also be open together with the engine cover. The image in the link shows this to good affect.

http://www.modelmilitary.com/images/Gallery/berge/berge_c.jpg

Hope this is of some use/interest

Stay safe       Roger

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1