Blackburn Skua. 803 NAS, HMS Ark Royal, Mediterranean, August 1940

1 hour ago, Grey Beema said:

Thanks Ian, I’ll try and brighten it up.  I think I’ll need a sharpened cocktail stick..  I think I have a Sap green some where that should do it.  I might have to brighten up the 7A on the leading edge too.

The aircraft handling markings on the leading edge varied from plane to plane (black, white, white outlined in black, & black outlined in white?), but I've never seen one that looked as it it might be coloured. 

35 minutes ago, iang said:

The aircraft handling markings on the leading edge varied from plane to plane (black, white, white outlined in black, & black outlined in white?), but I've never seen one that looked as it it might be coloured. 

Sorry Ian my poor description.  The aircraft handling marking ‘7A’ is white outlined black.  I want to brighten up the white.

I printed the fuselage code, Fin Letter (green outlined black ‘A’) and Handling code (White outlined black ‘7A’) on an inkjet printer. When you get down to this size of image the crispness isn’t quite there which is why I’m having to add the extra detail.  If the handling codes were plain white it would have been easier but this is the path I chose..