Morane Saulnier M.S. 406 [FINISHED]

klr

On 12/13/2020 at 9:15 PM, AdrianMF said:

the kit is about as primitive as the FROG one

"Never before in the history of the mankind Frog Morane has been praiced so highly" (with the voice of Winston Churchill).

Frog looks more like a generic single-seat fighter almost without  any detailing when the Heller kit has s petite surface detailing as could be expected from a kit of the vintage of it. IMHO differenc between Hasegawa and Heller ws less than Heller and Frog despite the latter two had something like 5 years defference and the other two 25 years. And yes, I have built all of those. Both H-kits several times.

Cheers,

AaCee 😀

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

I’ve got an unopened FROG one in the stash. You’re making me worried now :)

The Heller kit looks nice and this build has turned out really nicely.

Regards,

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

the FROG 406 is possibly not as detailed, but it is a lovely old kit to build! I am still looking for a Hasegawa or HobbyBoss one to see what a good-looking, detailed Morane looks like, but I am very, very happy with the FROG offering!

Do not chuck yours!

JR

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2021 at 8:06 PM, AdrianMF said:

I’ve got an unopened FROG one in the stash. You’re making me worried now :)

The Heller kit looks nice and this build has turned out really nicely.

Regards,

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

When Frog was new a review in a local magazine told to fill the front fuselage with putty and carve to shape. I think getting Frog is almost beyond possibilities to get accurate or at least it has no sence to do that! JUst forget to do that or build it as it is.

Heller is much easier and taking into account that it is from ´60's it is a good kit of the period. What I recall after 30' years ago correcting  a couple of them the rudder was too narrow and hinge line too far. It also needed some extra material to lower corner, windscreen should be even width, belly is too flat and a V-engine wouldnät fir inside the cowling. Same syndrome as with older Spit, Hurricane, Mustang etc kits ... In this case possible to bend wider with a few thin cuts on panel lines. Wheel well was a bit short from outer end and it was missing the well itseldf. But Hasegawa did the same 25 years later. Of the current kits I would go to Azur/Special Hobby,

Those where the days I got something ready!

Cheers,

AaCee

• Thanks 1