1/72 - SZD-9 Bocian by Polskie Szybowce (plastic Siedlce Model) - released

Homebee

Polskie Szybowce (Producer: M & H Bracia Darscy - link) from Poland has just re-released the Siedlce Model 1/72nd Szybowcowy Zakład Doświadczalny (SZD) SZD-9 Bocian glider - ref. 1002

Source: https://www.jadarhobby.pl/polskie-szybowce-1002-172-szd9bocian-p-63318.html

Darscy-1002.jpg

Darscy-1002a.jpg

Darscy-1002b.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lovely sailplane and lovely kit.

I made my whole basic flying course on Bocian (slightly newer version, "E" I think) and my first solo flight. SP-3042.
BTW, Bocian is the best of the kit series - with good accuracy and recessed realistic fabric effect. Gil, Zefir and Sęp are very good too, Mucha is accurate but has raised fabric areas, and Jantar is not very accurate (shapes are mostly wrong).

spacer.png

Edited by GrzeM
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, GrzeM said:

Lovely sailplane and lovely kit.

I made my whole basic flying course on Bocian (slightly newer version, "E" I think) and my first solo flight. SP-3042.
BTW, Bocian is the best of the kit series - with good accuracy and recessed realistic fabric effect. Gil, Zefir and Sęp are very good too, Mucha is accurate but has raised fabric areas, and Jantar is not very accurate (shapes are mostly wrong).

There was in 1960 and early 1970s Polisjh model of SZD 8 Jaskołka by Plastyk in 1/72 (rather 1/75 maybe). Even Scalemates did not show it, but  I did this model more that 50 years ago and I still have it.  but you can expect how it looks like since I was below 10 doing it... I wonder what happened to those moulds? it never appeared again. Maybe Poskie Szybowce could search for them? Or perhaps they will  do new Jaskółka - this was an important glider for Polish starts in world competitions/trophies.

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

Spinning the Bocian was interesting as those downward raked fuselage sides made you feel that the glider was nose down past the vertical. An instructor showing me high speed stalls off steep turns, had one get away from him - we flicked inverted, did most of on revolution of  spin inverted, before it flicked the right way up and spun again - never seen the horizon arrive from so many different directions in quick successions !

Paul

• Like 2

Yes, they can be quite entertaining. Always interesting to compare with the other contemporary forward-swept classics, the K-13 and Blanik L-13. Of the three the Blanik was always my favourite in period, for its aerobatic capabilities and sense that you would never run out of control effectiveness in any situation. But I would never say no to a Bocian flight, and it's the prettiest of the three as well.

• Like 1

There was also another Polish classic glider SZD 10 Czapla (Heron)  with forward swept wing

90.jpg

No model so far...

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 2