Covid returnee

HobbyPaul

Having retired at the beginning of the year, and looking forward to playing some. golf, going racing and having a few holidays, covid then struck. Re-think in March and turned to jigsaws in the first couple of weeks. My wife then suggested that I take up model making again, as I've always been a very practical person and, according to her, have lots of patience. She was right - now hooked again and gosh, how the hobby has changed since my school days. The quality of the moulds, the variation of paints, the weathering effects, add-on parts, photo-etched accessories all make for a great hobby. Youtube has been a godsend and the help and encouragement to be found on-line has kept me tied to my work bench (the Dining Room table). The wife has now spotted a down side where to display all the completed models in the flat! Unfortunately the grandchildren are too young for me to palm them off to them. Personally I think they look rather good in the bookcase next to the silver and crystal!

• Like 2

Hello Paul...:post1: from the city of Chicago USA. I have a very similar issue regards display, SWMBO doesn't mind if I display them in my office. Problem being is the 24 year old daughter moved home and reoccupied my office. Ive been building since 1979 when I was a lad of 8 and concentrate mostly on WW2 & Cold-war aircraft. 

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

@HobbyPaul  not brave enough to start yet - WnW Junkers D1 1/32

I built this one early on in the year, and was surprised how easy it was. Everything went together really well, WNW do (or did) produce superb kits.

The nice thing about it was NO RIGGING. Always a bonus. Mind you, applying the decals to the corrugated surfaces required a lot of softener.

Jon

22 hours ago, Faraway said:

@HobbyPaul  not brave enough to start yet - WnW Junkers D1 1/32

I built this one early on in the year, and was surprised how easy it was. Everything went together really well, WNW do (or did) produce superb kits.

The nice thing about it was NO RIGGING. Always a bonus. Mind you, applying the decals to the corrugated surfaces required a lot of softener.

Jon

Thanks for the comment about the Junkers. I will pay close attention to the decals. Meanwhile I'm going practice the rigging challenge on the Gladiator.

• Like 1