1/35 Tamiya Chi-Ha ....

First time I’ve been brave enough to show off my work in here , I’m a returning modeller after 35 years , along with others this has to be the craziest year ever , started last October with pneumonia which caused depression then furlough which was extended twice and now a knee replacement , I’m glad I found modelling again , I find it very calming and can literally lose hours without thinking about it , enough waffle , here you go .....

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aky5nTestdn3sA5Aj9Nx2FQQ1bJI

• Like 1

OneDrive isn't infallible for linking photos, and the images themselves will never upload.  Most of us use an image hosting service like Imgur (others are available - but not the money-grabbers at Photobucket!).  You upload your pictures there from your own storage location and then they can be linked to be displayed on forums like this.

Edited by Das Abteilung
Correction
  • Thanks 1

Nicely done and welcome back!  That kit is actually pretty nice and is still respectable 45 (I know-wow!!) years later.  I’ve built all three versions of Tamiya’s Type 97 in the past few years and did two of them for “old school” or “out-of-the-box” builds.

You’ve done a great job finishing this one and hope the rest of this year is better for you (and all of us)!

Edited by f matthews
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, f matthews said:

Nicely done and welcome back!  That kit is actually pretty nice and is still respectable 45 (I know-wow!!) years later.  I’ve built all three versions of Tamiya’s Type 97 in the past few years and did two of them for “old school” or “out-of-the-box” builds.

You’ve done a great job finishing this one and hope the rest of this year is better for you (and all of us)!

thank you , for 45 years old it goes together brilliantly , slowly but surely I’m getting the hang of all this , it’s great fun trying out all the different techniques !!!!

• Like 1

Neat little tank, that's on my list to do, too.

Colours came out just like in the Tamiya catalogue. 45 years old? Really?

A tip for improvement; look at the casting seams, like the inside of the turret hatches, along the wheels and the figures' heads, ears and shoulders (typically Tamiya). Removing those will lift the endproduct significantly.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ron NL-S said:

Neat little tank, that's on my list to do, too.

Colours came out just like in the Tamiya catalogue. 45 years old? Really?

A tip for improvement; look at the casting seams, like the inside of the turret hatches, along the wheels and the figures' heads, ears and shoulders (typically Tamiya). Removing those will lift the endproduct significantly.

Valid points and thanks for the comments , it really is a nice model to do and I’ll definitely take your points onboard 👍

• Like 1